John Deere Brand Pallet Forks

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #1  

JEA

Tractor
JD 4310
I'm currently looking at purchasing a used set of quick attach John Deere brand pallet forks for my 430 loader -- I can't find any information on these on Deere's website (can only find information on the Frontier forks in the ag section), althoug I did find a parts diagram in JohnDeereParts. Has anyone out there bought the John Deere brand pallet forks for a quick attach loader (410, 420, 430, or 460) who could offer comments or a review of these forks? Also, would someone be willing to tell us what the forks cost new? I'm particularly interested in the maximum load capacity of the forks.

Many thanks.

JEA

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #2  
Great forks I have a set of them and they are sure nice, max load is 2000 lbs I think I payed around $900.

minimax

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #3  
I have the ones for the 430 loader and use them very often.I have a 4310 model John Deere and the forks are rated for a lot more than what a 4310 with 430 loader could lift. Paid 750.00 for them about 3 years ago. Well worth the price for what i use them for. A little hard to see over the hood of the tractor when picking up from ground level but with a bit of practice you'll be a pro.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #4  
I love them. It is the best attachment i have spent money on. You can do so much more with them than your bucket. I have the 430 loader on a 4300.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #5  
I have a set on a 460 loader, think I paid close to $1k for them. Still seems like a ton of $- I used them to move pallets of salt for snow removal, etc. The time they have saved me in the past 7 years was well worth the purchase price. My loader is supposed to spec at 2400lbs max height but the rear end feels light when there is 1800lbs on the forks (loaded rear tires and backhoe).

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #6  
I have never used JD forks but have seen them frequently and they seem to be good. The ones I have seen were not fixed on the bottom but the tines could swing out. I strongly prefer the fixed type. IMHO, they are relatively expensive and more difficult to resale since they are specific for JD. If anyone if buying new and wants pallet forks, I would strongly recommend getting the skid steer attachment for the FEL, and then buy any aftermarket brand you want. The price for both will probably be close to just the JD fork price. SS attachment also lets you use many more attachments.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #7  
I priced my JD vs several aftermarket. The JD were the lowest priced, but quality was very good. I use mine all the time. (Just got done with about 4 projects using them tonight). Well worth the money. I think I paid 750. I use mine as much or a little more than my bucket.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #8  
I just got a set Friday and paid 850. I love them, they are very handy. I dont have a grapple yet, but with the forks I was able to move several dead cypress trees to a burn pile.

Darrin

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks
deereguy -- given that you're using these forks for the 460 loader, do you know if they're rates for the full lift capacity of that loader (something like 2,400 lbs)? I'm especially interested in the weight specs for these forks.

Many thanks.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #10  
I am shocked to read $900-1000 for these things. Does that include a quick attach plate or somthing? You can buy construction grade 5000lb forks for $600-700.