Dealer My Local John Deere Dealer Going out of Business

/ My Local John Deere Dealer Going out of Business #1  

2kpsd

Bronze Member
Tractor
Montana Limited 300DTC
At work yesterday I heard rumors about the local JD dealership had closed its doors. I called yesterday and got an answering machine saying that they were closed and thanked everyone for the business and that there would be an auction on the 17th. I was just in there right before christmas to buy some hats and gifts. It sucks - they were like 5 miles from my house. I just bought my '06 790 from them so now I will have to trailer it for any work that needs to be done to it. Anyways, if anyone is in the Nebraska area, here is the link to the auction sale bill: Midwest Messenger Classifieds

/ My Local John Deere Dealer Going out of Business #2  
2kpsd said:
At work yesterday I heard rumors about the local JD dealership had closed its doors. I called yesterday and got an answering machine saying that they were closed and thanked everyone for the business and that there would be an auction on the 17th. I was just in there right before christmas to buy some hats and gifts. It sucks - they were like 5 miles from my house. I just bought my '06 790 from them so now I will have to trailer it for any work that needs to be done to it. Anyways, if anyone is in the Nebraska area, here is the link to the auction sale bill: Midwest Messenger Classifieds
I had the same dealer. I posted about this just over a month ago. I don't think they were doing bad financially. Baised on what service guy told me, JD wanted them to be consolidated with other larger ag dealers. No takers, so JD told them as of Jan 1, they wouldn't sell them anymore products. I bought my 2006 3720 from them. Now I am going to Syracuse for my next closest dealer. I live on the east side of Lincoln, NE.
There are probably thousands of JD products in this city and no dealer/repair service seems crazy. If I knew there was not going to be a JD dealer nearby, I probably would have bought Kubota from Hamilton Equipment. They are the only CUT dealer within 25-30 miles. At the time, JD had what I wanted but the new Grand L xx40 series is now a close match. My prior tractor was a kubota 3710.
Most of the auction is used or trade-in equipment. I assume JD or other dealers took the new tractors, mowers, 3pt equipment etc.
Good to know there is a local TBN guy besides me.

/ My Local John Deere Dealer Going out of Business
radman1 said:
Good to know there is a local TBN guy besides me.

Same to you - I missed your post about the dealership. I don't get on the website as much as I would like too. Usually only at work when I am not busy.....ummm....working. Are you going to the auction then?? From the flyer there are a few things I might be interested in but I'm sure the price will be more than I want to pay for it.

/ My Local John Deere Dealer Going out of Business #4  
Currently, I plan to go unless the weather is poor.