JD Front Snow Blade

/ JD Front Snow Blade #1  

organ grinder

Bronze Member
I've come across a front snow blade for a JD 2210/2305 for sale for $900. Mint condition. Used once. Is this a fair price? What is involved in hooking it up? What parts have to remain on the tractor? Is there a frame which gets in the way of oil changes, etc.? How big is the unit? Can it be picked up by hand and carried in a pick up truck bed? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

/ JD Front Snow Blade #2  
organ grinder,

List Price on a new 54" Quick-Hitch Front Blade is $1,229.00 - this includes the 54" Front Blade, (1491M) the Front Quick-Hitch & Hydraulic Lift, (1006) Hydraulic Angling (2005) and the Front Attaching Support Kit - required for 2210/2305 Tractors with either the 200X or 200CX Loader. (LVB25396)

/ JD Front Snow Blade #3  
organ grinder said:
I've come across a front snow blade for a JD 2210/2305 for sale for $900. Mint condition. Used once. Is this a fair price? What is involved in hooking it up? What parts have to remain on the tractor? Is there a frame which gets in the way of oil changes, etc.? How big is the unit? Can it be picked up by hand and carried in a pick up truck bed? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Hooking it up is fairly easy, there are some brackets that will get mounted on the front frame. It does not get in the way of any normal maintenance.

It's heavy, but can be picked up by two people and loaded into a pickup.

You'll have 4 hoses running from the front (two for lift, two for angling) to the mid-unit hydraulic outlets.

Good Luck!

Scott

/ JD Front Snow Blade #4  
I bought a used 5' Western hydroturn blade with lift and angle cylinders for $100.00. The plow was used very little, wear blade looks perfect. I built a subframe out of 1 1/2" x 3" steel tube. I rebuilt the turn cylinders with $16.00 in O rings. At an extreme angle it covers the tractor tires by a couple inches. I felt the 54" blades were too narrow. Incidently the 4110 has a 561# weight box. It plowed 2' snow drifts with no problem. It almost makes plowing too fast !!! I bought a set of chains but haven't mounted them.

Attachments

• john deere 2.JPG
    john deere 2.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 3,445
   / JD Front Snow Blade #5  
joes_427_vette said:
I bought a used 5' Western hydroturn blade with lift and angle cylinders for $100.00. The plow was used very little, wear blade looks perfect. I built a subframe out of 1 1/2" x 3" steel tube. I rebuilt the turn cylinders with $16.00 in O rings. At an extreme angle it covers the tractor tires by a couple inches. I felt the 54" blades were too narrow. Incidently the 4110 has a 561# weight box. It plowed 2' snow drifts with no problem. It almost makes plowing too fast !!! I bought a set of chains but haven't mounted them.

Very cool front blade...nice job:D

/ JD Front Snow Blade #6  
I had a similar performance experience with my 4100/54" blade with 2 feet of wet snow one season. Now with the larger units, and larger blade (72"), i figure it will only get quicker as I will need less passes to get things done.