Price Check 4720 cab pricing

/ 4720 cab pricing #1  

JAMESFNP

Tractor
2004 TC45DA with SuperSteer
Well, the wife and I went by the local John Deere dealer. They were very nice and the salesperson greated us at the door. Wow, had not looked at the 4720 until today. My wife really likes this tractor. :eek: :D I have also got a quote on the Kubota L5740 and they quoted list pricing, but have not got back to me yet on the TC45DA that we will be trading in. I have sent them pics as requested.

The deere fit and finish was excellent; as was the Kubota L5740. Both drive great. However, that deere air ride seat is pretty sweet.

So is this deal fair or not? I told him he had one chance and that I was not going to haggle back and forth. He said he'd be as fair as he could and give me a great price for the TC45DA. He'd just need to see it first.

4720 cab with R4's
front and rear finders
iMatch quick hitch
telescoping draft links
third selective valve
TNT
electric diverter
CD radio
Automotive cruise control
horn
Tool box kit
cigarette lighter/astray combo
rear wheel weights
powergard protection-100ded, 36 add months or 2000h
freight and setup included in pricing

$35,541.00

400CX loader
deluxe hood guard
third function hydraulic lines and hoses
skid steer attachment carrier
bucket level indicator
72" HD 4n1 bucket
72" Tooth Bar-7 teeth
3rd Mid valve w/joystick controls
freight and setup included in pricing

$7,800.00

Total-$43,341.00

I don't need the cig lighter and ashtray nor the horn; so those will come off. I don't think I need the wheel weights either. I'd asked for a quote with rim guard, but he quoted wheel weights instead. So, this will change the pricing some.

James

/ 4720 cab pricing #2  
I paid around 38k for that setup minus your options below:

real wheel weights
skid steer attachment carrier
bucket level indicator
72" HD 4n1 bucket
72" Tooth Bar-7 teeth

I also posted some pics of mine. You will love that tractor!!!!!!!!

/ 4720 cab pricing
Smitty, that is a very nice tractor you have. I saw those pics last night of it here on TBN. Very nice tractor:cool: . Have you had any problems with your tractor?

I had got a quote on a MX8 semi-mount to mow with, but I'm beggining to re-think this. I'm afraid it will be to much mower for the 4720. I may just go with the MX7 instead.

James

/ 4720 cab pricing #4  
The Horn is not a lot of money! If the Horn is already installed, keep it on the package! Remember if you want to get somebody's attention, it is nice to have a horn. It is not an air horn, it is a "toot-toot" horn. I never thought I'd use it much. But guess what, I do. Remember you don't have simple windows that you can just open up and yell to the person you want to get their attention.

/ 4720 cab pricing #5  
Like Jasonmac, I put the horn on to get someone's attention.

/ 4720 cab pricing #6  
Get the horn!!

When I drive up to the house and honk the horn the Mrs. comes running out with a cold beer for me.

/ 4720 cab pricing #7  

What is this? I havent seen this option before I dont think. I couldnt find it on the Deere website.

Darrin

/ 4720 cab pricing
Thanks guys, I'll get the horn. I'm also going to trade in the Woods BB72 rotary cutter I have now for the MX7 or semi-mout MX8. I just can't make up my mind. I know the MX8 will require a little more care (more than one gear box) :( I just can't decide. Spending money makes me this way:eek:

/ 4720 cab pricing
NDAWIND said:

What is this? I havent seen this option before I dont think. I couldnt find it on the Deere website.

Darrin

Darrin,

Jody at the dealership took 2 days researching this before he sent me a price on this setup. On the quote I got, it says 3rd mid vale w/joystick controls-967.00 with a 67.00 discount. So, $900.00. Jody said this was a new offering from Deere and he had to make a bunch of calls. It was electric over hydraulic or something to that effect when he called me.:confused:

I really wasn't paying much attention other than I was getting a joystic 3rd valve setup like the new Kubota Grand L40's have.:D

/ 4720 cab pricing #10  
I gotta say --- after this winter's snow and extended cold --- a cab sure sounds mighty sweet!!

You'll love it!

On a related note; you are considering either the MX7 or a semi-mount MX8, yes? I've been looking at mowers for a couple of years now... (Just dropped $1,100 on a LandPride 77" scarifier and $1,700 on new R1 tires and rims, so no mower this year.)

Nonetheless, I seem to recall some number of discussions regarding the MX7 in particular. What I remember is; disfavor regarding the initial startup. The blade is big enough that even with adequate Hp, the amount of inertia that must be overcome to get the blade up to speed is significant and you must be cautious when engaging the PTO and pay attention to your RPM.

As well, I recall comments regarding the quality of the cut. Seems that the large blade size has a direct correlation to blade-tip speed and many users felt that the MX6 was a better cutter, quality-wise and a better option versus the MX7.

I don't recollect many comments about the MX8 --- either the 3pt mount or the semi-mount. Hopefully, other "hog pullers" will comment.

AKfish