New for 2002 / John Deere

/ New for 2002 / John Deere #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
As a heads up, we'll be publishing several articles on Monday, about some new equipment from John Deere for 2002 ... information just arrived from them today. The most interesting of the bunch, to me, is the new compact TLB, the 110 ...

Basic info:

43HP, 33HP @ PTO, Cat 1 3PH, new "eHydro" electronic transmission, side-mount instrument panel, push-button electric diverter valve that allows a switch of hydraulic functions from the front to the rear of the tractor... backhoe is a quick-mount on or off from the seat, and the loader lifts 2,727lbs and comes standard with skid-steer quick-attach buckets. Industrial or turf tires, standard FOPS, etc etc etc...

Looks like a direct competitor to Kubota's L35 and L48...

Full recap and a photo coming on Monday.

/ New for 2002 / John Deere #2  
This should be most intresting comparing the top three pros&cons,and the purchasing price. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ New for 2002 / John Deere #3  
Re: New 110 VS 4710 VS 5420 John Deere

Hello Muhammad,

I just finished reading your book Compact Tractor Buying & Basics. It is excellent and informative.

I would appreciate you or any of the other members to advise me on the following;

I am ready to buy and have narrowed my search down to the following ;

1: JD 4710 or 5320/5520
2: JD 110 or Kubota L35/ L48

I have been spending my last few Saturdays at the dealers and am still not sure which would be best.

This is my first tractor, I just purchased 49 Acres (15 acres field, 35 acres woods/wetlands) that we will be building a house on.

I want to turn the 35 wooded acres into park-like woods with a 5-10 acre motocross track.

I think I need the folllowing;

FEL, BushHog, Backhoe, York Rake, 15' gang mower (for the 15 acre field), rear blade, box blade.

I would also like to buy a PTO wood chipper (I almost spent $9,000 on a used commercial chipper with wisconsin engine last week)

Which is best a TLB or a compact tractor with backhoe.

It seems that once you add the extras and backhoe on the 4710, you could get a L35 / L38 or new JD 110 for a little more.

Which is best?