Price Check 3320 pricing help needed

/ 3320 pricing help needed #1  

Nathan_OR

Bronze Member
Hi everyone, hoping I can get some help understanding why the price I'm getting quoted is so much higher than some I've seen here on TBN.

JD 3320 CUT
- eHydro
- loaded R4s (beet juice)
- dual mid and single rear SCVs
- iMatch
- air seat
- forward lighting kit
- warning light brush guards
- rear work light

MSRP: $19,582.00

The quote I got from a local dealer: $18,362.00

That's MSRP +$550.00 freight and dealer PDI -$1770.00 discount.

Now according to some posts I've seen you can get a very similar package for closer to $17k. At least, in Texas. Here in the PacNW I'm not sure if things are different or not.

So my question is does anyone know any reason why I can't get a deal this good here in the Oregon? Or has anyone gotten a good price like close to $17k for a 3320 here in the PacNW?

Maybe I just need to push harder but before I do I want to make sure I'm not burning my dealer's good will up for an impossibly low price goal.

Thanks,
Nathan

/ 3320 pricing help needed #2  
Nathan,

I am coming up with 18,375.63 for the same package. If this is an older unit on his lot, there is a $450.00 rebate available, which would lower that price, but I don't think that very many dealers have early '06 models left - especially not a 3320 - which tend to be a very popular unit

As far as my pricing goes, I do not give away my tractors, nor do I overcharge for them. Some dealers seem to sell for little or no margin, and expect to make it up on volume... The way I do math, that never seems to add up for me. If you really felt you needed to, you could probably get him down to around 17,800.00 - in my case that would cover overhead, and leave nothing left for any actual profit. Unfortunately some people (not saying you) think that "profit" is a dirty word.

I have no idea what his cost of business is up there, but remember that you should want to start a relationship that is mutually beneficial for both of you - not one that is better for one of you, and not the other - that just leads to bad feelings...

/ 3320 pricing help needed
Absolutely, I am specifically asking because I don't want to wreck a good relationship with my dealer by pushing for a price that isn't realistic. What I want to avoid is getting a bad deal. If I get a solid deal and it's backed up by good service and knowledge about the vehicle and little odds and ends types of favors later (a free cotter pin here or a good deal on a used implement), then I'll be happy to pay a fair price. Problem is, going in you have no idea if you're going to get treated right later on for buying at a fair price up front.

Here's what I think would be fair: I would like to offer to pay $17,600 for the tractor and then another $600 at the end of the 36 months financing if my salesman is still working there and I have gotten good treatment from the dealership. So if he does what he says, he gets $18,200, but if not, he gets only $17,600. Anyway :) Thanks for letting me know about your pricing, it's nice to know at least I'm not getting a *bad* price.

Thanks,
Nathan

/ 3320 pricing help needed #4  
Nathan--not sure how the dealer would respond to that request-I believe that once it goes to JD financing it is out of their hands--they may feel like that is an unreasonable request (unless you offer to put the funds in a letter of credit or something that you both have acces to). Personally, I think that wouldn't be the right way to start off a good relationship.
I don't think the price is that "bad"--you don't have a loader or BH on there, seems like sometimes as you add more, the discount increases.

/ 3320 pricing help needed
B8FISH said:
Nathan--not sure how the dealer would respond to that request-I believe that once it goes to JD financing it is out of their hands--they may feel like that is an unreasonable request (unless you offer to put the funds in a letter of credit or something that you both have acces to). Personally, I think that wouldn't be the right way to start off a good relationship.
I don't think the price is that "bad"--you don't have a loader or BH on there, seems like sometimes as you add more, the discount increases.

No I wouldn't actually do that. But you know, it's kind of a bummer how I have the trust the dealer, but the dealer doesn't have to trust me.

/ 3320 pricing help needed #6  
BleedGreen said:
Nathan,

I am coming up with 18,375.63 for the same package. If this is an older unit on his lot, there is a $450.00 rebate available, which would lower that price, but I don't think that very many dealers have early '06 models left - especially not a 3320 - which tend to be a very popular unit

As far as my pricing goes, I do not give away my tractors, nor do I overcharge for them. Some dealers seem to sell for little or no margin, and expect to make it up on volume... The way I do math, that never seems to add up for me. If you really felt you needed to, you could probably get him down to around 17,800.00 - in my case that would cover overhead, and leave nothing left for any actual profit. Unfortunately some people (not saying you) think that "profit" is a dirty word.

I have no idea what his cost of business is up there, but remember that you should want to start a relationship that is mutually beneficial for both of you - not one that is better for one of you, and not the other - that just leads to bad feelings...

I cut 1/2 acre of lawn with my 4100 at my last place. I wante dto get it done faster than my GT225 could do it:eek: Plus the GT, could not handle more than 6 inches of loose snow:eek:. The 4100 without wieights and without loaded tires handled 24 inches of wet snow without an issue. Now I went even bigger for a larger property and occassionally a bed combo of snow and ice and slush and a private road that has some wicked snoe gathering locations.:mad: AH but as fnd of trhe 4100, i was, when I got offered $11.5k for a trade for a younger larger tractor. I took it!:D Now my local dealer has went over it and indicated it was in very good shape. I gambled and I did well.:D:D:D:D