1990 JD 410c meter reading

/ 1990 JD 410c meter reading #1  

tadjou

First post, kinda long...

I am buying a 1990 JD 310C loader backhoe from a private owner. He doesn't have any service record. He did say he had it for a year and that he bought it from someone who got it from a utility company.

The thing that bothers me it that it say it has 1055 hrs. on the meter. It has a tenth digit also in white. Other tractors has 6 digit. I called a JD dealer who traced the serial number back to a gas and light co. who bought it new in 1991.

Is it possible to only have that little hrs? The tractor was repainted and looks good. The teeth on the backhoe is nice and sharp. Tires got good amount of life to them. Water pump was replaced. as it is unpainted.

I talked to another JD service manager that say someone could have swapped the meter at one time.

Any opinion?

Attachments

• meter.jpg
    meter.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 108
   / 1990 JD 410c meter reading
Here's a pic of the tractor I want to buy. I was able to negotiate a price of $13.5k. What do ya think?

jc410tp6.jpg

/ 1990 JD 410c meter reading #3  
That looks like as nice clean machine! You might want to ask your questions in the "Construction Equipment" forum, there are more users of full size equipment there...

/ 1990 JD 410c meter reading #4  
Oh, And I forgot to say, WELCOME to TBN:D

/ 1990 JD 410c meter reading
Thanks, I'll try over there.