what bucket for 448 hoe on new 3520?

/ what bucket for 448 hoe on new 3520? #1  

tuolumne

Gold Member
I'm wondering what bucket to get for the 448 backhoe. Most of the use will be for trenching. Is there plenty of power with this machine for an 18" bucket. If the 18" bucket means making a wider trench than I would have needed, lack of power will slow down the operation. However, if I'm digging holes to plant trees, footings for a garage etc. the greater width would be appreciated. Any advice based on experiance with this machine would be very helpful. Thanks.

/ what bucket for 448 hoe on new 3520? #2  
I have a 4410 with the 48BH. I went with the 18" HD bucket. Have used it for a few years and it has worked out well for a number of applications. 4410 seems to handle it well.

/ what bucket for 448 hoe on new 3520? #3  
I have the 448 on a 3320 hydro with an 18" bucket. You will not lack power with this sze bucket, and the 18" is a much more usful multi-purpose bucket than the smaller. My 20 acres in well wooded with hardwood trees, mostly Beech and Red Oak. I have used the 448 for stumping, with my largest being a 26" Red Oak. It was not easy, and you have to be patient and dig fully around a stump this size, but after about 30 minutes the stump was out. The 448 will most likely do more than you will need. Best of luck

/ what bucket for 448 hoe on new 3520?
Thanks for the input. I don't mind digging a wider trench than needed as long as the machine isn't stressed to much.