NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #1  

Chuck_Lind

Gold Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TN65 & 1956 John Deere 50
I've been comparing two sub-compact tractors to mow around my property. Both the NH TZ25DA and the John Deere 2305 are comparable in terms of horsepower, features, 4WD, etc. The NH has 25 hp; the JD 24 hp. NH has a 60" mid-mount mower and the JD has a 62" mid-mount mower deck. Both dealers came in EXACTLY at $11,000.

Any opinions on either tractor? I'm a real fan of New Holland as much as John Deere.

From anyone's past experience...what would you go with?

FYI...a couple of acres of lawn and a fairly long driveway that would entertain a snowblower for the winter.

Just stuck in the middle here, folks.

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #2  
For what it's worth and not exactly what you're looking at, but I have a NH TC21 with 218 hrs for $6950, like new. It does not have a mower with it, but you'd be spending a lot less. Just a thought and a long shot but I thought I'd throw it at you.

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #3  
It might be worth letting your NH dealer know that you can get a Deere for the same price. He COULD take it that you're leaning towards the Deere and sharpen his pencil. Otherwise, like you say, the tractors are pretty much the same thing.

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #4  
Chuck_Lind said:
I've been comparing two sub-compact tractors to mow around my property. Both the NH TZ25DA and the John Deere 2305 are comparable in terms of horsepower, features, 4WD, etc. The NH has 25 hp; the JD 24 hp. NH has a 60" mid-mount mower and the JD has a 62" mid-mount mower deck. Both dealers came in EXACTLY at $11,000.

Any opinions on either tractor? I'm a real fan of New Holland as much as John Deere.

From anyone's past experience...what would you go with?

FYI...a couple of acres of lawn and a fairly long driveway that would entertain a snowblower for the winter.

Just stuck in the middle here, folks.

The New Holland TZ25DA, John Deere 2305, and Kubota BX-23 will all perform admirably for you and you will not be disappointed. I personally think that you could probably buy the New Holland for the lowest price. BUT, the deciding factor, and I'm sure many would agree, will probably be how well the dealer treats you, especially after the sale. IF there is a problem with your brand new tractor 30 minutes before closing on a Saturday, what would each dealer's response be? You want them to say... "We'll be right over", not "I'm sorry, but I can't get to you until next week." Remember these compact utility tractors cost as much as a new car and you want a dealer with a good reputation who is willing to stand behind their product.

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #5  
Also, look at how they hold their value in your area. I know around here (MN, WI, IA) John Deere products hold their value better than other brands.

Not that you're buying it to sell it, but you may want to trade up/down at some point.

Plus - JD Green and yellow look so nice together. :)

Good Luck!

Scott

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #6  
Drive them both. I found the NH to be a bit more comfortable, but it was a negligible difference. In the end I went with a 2305, in part because of engine displacement, but more for 'feel' and interaction with the dealer. So far, so good!

When I was shopping I was concerned about the single dump cylinder on the TZ25 FEL, but I don't think I'd let it bother me now.

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305
Thanks for the info, folks. I too, was concerned about resale value. But in most cases...people who buy these kind of tractors keep them for a long period of time. Generally speaking, when you trade or sell the unit you have...it's because one wants to "trade-up" to a larger unit (much like buying a boat, have it for a year so and have to get a bigger one).

Both dealers are on equal par in terms of service. Decisions...decisions...think I'll wait and let my heart decide. Love yellow and green; but blue is my favorite color.

Does anyone else have this internal conflict or is it just me?

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #8  
I would think the fairer comparison would be the Deere 2320, no?

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #9  
chuck, I would not suggest purchasing a New Holland TZ25DA. I was interested in the same tractor. I thought it was a good bargain. But I did my research and found that they are nuthin' but trouble. Poorly assembled. Cracked sheet metal. Leaks. And the list goes on and on. Much info on this site from frustrated owners, including their Case/Farmall twins. I don't know much about the 2305, but I own and have operated Deere equipment for decades and the machines are great and so is the dealer/service network, as well as their on-line support. I ended up purchasing an X744, and in my opinion it is the 'ultimate' tractor. Go with the Deere.

/ NH TZ25DA vs JD 2305 #10  
I'm not familiar with the nh's loader and front implement mounting, but as a 2305 owner, I can tell you that the Deere stuff is excellent in the "ease of mounting" department. The front quick hitch for a blade, blower, broom, etc.... is a nice piece and the 200cx loader is a dream to mount and dismount. Also, try installing and removing the mower deck, I know the deere is set up nice, what about the NH ?? Other than the implements, I would look at warranty, dealer service/location, and resale value.