Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    151
    Location
    Toronto
    Tractor
    JD 2320

    Default Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    I'm considering the 2320 or 2520. I can't find CDN list prices . .and the dealers aren't forthcoming. .so have no way of knowing the discounts offered. The US prices on the Deere site DO NOT correlate after exchange rate . .so I know we are penalized . . but I honestly have no idea if I have any room with the dealers.

    They have a tight hold on the market and seem very unwilling to talk about flexibility. I almost give the sense that the price is the price. Does anyone have any advice . .or know the list for those two tractors w/ 200cx . . .and a rough idea of a fair discount?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member CinderSchnauzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,279

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    Ask the dealers for written quotes. Most of them should have computerized systems and at a minimum you should be able to determine the "List Price" Some dealers then add in Freight, PDI, installation and other charges, others may not. some tractors come without wheels and tires in the start price.

    In 2006 I received written quotes on a 2305 with 200 cx FEL, 54c deck. One had a discount of 5+% and the other a discount of 11+%. the two end prices were $17,500 and $17,800 respectfully. Quote on a 3120 with FEL and Deck came in with a 17.6% discount.

    Other 2006 quotes:
    2006 Case DX25E HST with FEL / Deck - 27.6% discount - final $18,900.
    2006 MF 1528 HST with FEL - 26.7% discount - final $19,175
    2006 MF 1533 HST with FEL - 26.9% discount - final $23,140

    Tractor pricing seems to be a bit more complicated than with automobile MSRP window stickers. It seems the "price" is somewhat variable from dealer to dealer as is the magnitude of the discount - but the selling price can still be very close.

    If you do a spread sheet and compare tractor specs, FEL specs, Backhoe specs etc and purchase price - it will help give better insght into value for $$$ spent.

  3. #3
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    151
    Location
    Toronto
    Tractor
    JD 2320

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CinderSchnauzer
    Ask the dealers for written quotes. Most of them should have computerized systems and at a minimum you should be able to determine the "List Price" Some dealers then add in Freight, PDI, installation and other charges, others may not. some tractors come without wheels and tires in the start price.

    In 2006 I received written quotes on a 2305 with 200 cx FEL, 54c deck. One had a discount of 5+% and the other a discount of 11+%. the two end prices were $17,500 and $17,800 respectfully. Quote on a 3120 with FEL and Deck came in with a 17.6% discount.

    Other 2006 quotes:
    2006 Case DX25E HST with FEL / Deck - 27.6% discount - final $18,900.
    2006 MF 1528 HST with FEL - 26.7% discount - final $19,175
    2006 MF 1533 HST with FEL - 26.9% discount - final $23,140

    Tractor pricing seems to be a bit more complicated than with automobile MSRP window stickers. It seems the "price" is somewhat variable from dealer to dealer as is the magnitude of the discount - but the selling price can still be very close.

    If you do a spread sheet and compare tractor specs, FEL specs, Backhoe specs etc and purchase price - it will help give better insght into value for $$$ spent.
    Thanks very much for that insight. the prices I'm seeing for tractor /200cx are approx. $19,500 for the 2320 and 21,500 for the 2520. Sounds a LOT higher than your price. I will ask for a written quote.

    EDIT** I think you meant US prices. . .sorry I misinterpreted. You % discounts are helpful.

    I wonder though if Canadians are actually seeing discounts like that? The US is much more competitive.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member CinderSchnauzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,279

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    The provided prices were stated in CDN $$$ and were obtained in April / June 2006 - South West Ontario.

  5. #5
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    151
    Location
    Toronto
    Tractor
    JD 2320

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CinderSchnauzer
    The provided prices were stated in CDN $$$ and were obtained in April / June 2006 - South West Ontario.
    Sorry again . . now I understand. That even more helpful. Although I misread the 2305. I thought it was a 2320.

    I was seeing abut $16,900 for a 2305 w/200cx.

    So what would you guess is the price I should pay before tax for a 2320 and 2520 w/200cx? Not even a great deal . .just an OK deal.

  6. #6
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    151
    Location
    Toronto
    Tractor
    JD 2320

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    And the 6% difference in discounts should amount to over $1000 . .not just a few hundred, should it not? (you noted 17,800 and 17,500)

  7. #7
    Veteran Member CinderSchnauzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,279

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    The 6% difference in the discount and almost identical selling price illustrates the point I was making earlier. Some of the dealers seem to add in Freight, PDI and other charges in their quotes and then give a large discount. Others start with identical "List Price" on the tractor - don't have as many extras (for the identical product) offer a much smaller discount and end up about the same place. It's not so much the total discount as the final price out the door that counts.

    In early 2006 pricing was not available for the 2320 / 2520 and I haven't gone back for pricing on those models. Current finance and rebate programs may produce different numbers from mine in 2006. Especially with JD, I'd suggest utilizing their online pricing model with the US pricing and try to determine if there is a correleation between those numbers and what you are getting from CDN dealers. Your location is probably going to make a big difference. If there are other JD dealers and strong competition from SOB's, your chances of getting more agressive pricing is going to be better. If your JD store is the only one for 200 miles, he will have little incentive for deep discount.

    If I can suggest there a many personal preferences and dealer support issues related to a purchase in addition to the intended use and future required attachments.

    As an example, the 200cx FEL is rated at 798.6# on the 24 HP 2320 at your quoted price of $19,500 and on the 26.5 HP 2520 at your quoted price of $21,500.

    As a comparison the 28 HP MF 1528 at approx. $19,200 has a FEL with capacity of 960# For me I like the JD HST pedals better than the MF treadle, but the added FEL capacity is also an important consideration.

    JD seems to have an impressive array of OEM attachments as well as many secondary suppliers, although some JD models appear to have very few available attachments. Case and NH do not seem to have such an extensive OEM range of attachments.

    If differences like that are important to your decision then a spreadsheet comparision of specs / price might be helpful. It's hard to quantify some of the slightly intangible items like quality / dealer support / ergonomics, but in the long run if you are happy with your purchase, paying a few $$$ more or less may not be the most important consideration.

  8. #8
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    151
    Location
    Toronto
    Tractor
    JD 2320

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CinderSchnauzer
    The 6% difference in the discount and almost identical selling price illustrates the point I was making earlier. Some of the dealers seem to add in Freight, PDI and other charges in their quotes and then give a large discount. Others start with identical "List Price" on the tractor - don't have as many extras (for the identical product) offer a much smaller discount and end up about the same place. It's not so much the total discount as the final price out the door that counts.

    In early 2006 pricing was not available for the 2320 / 2520 and I haven't gone back for pricing on those models. Current finance and rebate programs may produce different numbers from mine in 2006. Especially with JD, I'd suggest utilizing their online pricing model with the US pricing and try to determine if there is a correleation between those numbers and what you are getting from CDN dealers. Your location is probably going to make a big difference. If there are other JD dealers and strong competition from SOB's, your chances of getting more agressive pricing is going to be better. If your JD store is the only one for 200 miles, he will have little incentive for deep discount.

    If I can suggest there a many personal preferences and dealer support issues related to a purchase in addition to the intended use and future required attachments.

    As an example, the 200cx FEL is rated at 798.6# on the 24 HP 2320 at your quoted price of $19,500 and on the 26.5 HP 2520 at your quoted price of $21,500.

    As a comparison the 28 HP MF 1528 at approx. $19,200 has a FEL with capacity of 960# For me I like the JD HST pedals better than the MF treadle, but the added FEL capacity is also an important consideration.

    JD seems to have an impressive array of OEM attachments as well as many secondary suppliers, although some JD models appear to have very few available attachments. Case and NH do not seem to have such an extensive OEM range of attachments.

    If differences like that are important to your decision then a spreadsheet comparision of specs / price might be helpful. It's hard to quantify some of the slightly intangible items like quality / dealer support / ergonomics, but in the long run if you are happy with your purchase, paying a few $$$ more or less may not be the most important consideration.
    Thanks again for taking the time. I now see your point on the final prices and their quoted "discount". Feature-wise I really like the JD's. And I am willng to pay a little extra for service. But i want it to be reasonable. I don't know if I should be bidding 19,500 for the dealer offer of 21,500 . . . or if anything under 21,200 (for example) will have him thinking I'm a joker.

    I had a look at the US pricing online. Their list plus exchange rate difference works out to be higher than the prices I'm getting AFTER discount. For example, I think the 2305 w/LDR works out to LIST of $15,900 in CDN $$ using the website . .while the dealer says they would sell after discount for approx $16,900. So there is approx $2000+ in penalty for being in CDA, as a starting point, all other things equal.

    One dealers says "delivery is always included!" ... .while others say "we have to chage you". I know it is probably built into a price difference . .we'll see. . .but the message that sends isn't great for future service.

    I'll try to gather more information and see where that leaves me. Thanks again.

  9. #9
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    131
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Tractor
    2010 John Deere 2520, John Deere 185, John Deere 155

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    MX125 hope this helps. Last summer I bought a 2305 with 62c mower for $14500 cdn. Two months later I bought a 200cx for $3150 cdn. Last week I got a price quote of $17350 cdn for a new 2320 with 200cx. These are cash prices with no financing or trade in. I am located in Manitoba. Where are you located?

  10. #10
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    328
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Tractor
    Jinma 204 -- now gone

    Default Re: Any Canadians out there with price advice?

    Hi,

    Well here is some pricing in southwestern Ont as of Feb/07 before the Toronto Farm show. Not firm and could have played with them a bit to get them down a touch but not that much.

    All prices included loader and were before tax. Freight\dealer prep included so just add the tax and out the door.

    2305 -- $16.5K

    790 -- $20K

    2320 -- $20K

    2520 -- $23K

    3203 -- $23K

    Best deal was the 3203. Most bang for the buck and more HP and hydro was standard. A lot more tractor.

    Hope this helps.

    Later
    Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.