Trade In Values

/ Trade In Values #1  

gkk2001

Tractor
JD 4100
Do the dealers have a trade in value listing just as there exist for cars? I have a JD 4100 and am looking at upgrading but would like to have an idea of what my tractor trade in would be before I go to the dealer.

Anyone know where this information would be?

/ Trade In Values #2  
gkk2001 said:
Do the dealers have a trade in value listing just as there exist for cars? I have a JD 4100 and am looking at upgrading but would like to have an idea of what my tractor trade in would be before I go to the dealer.

Anyone know where this information would be?

gkk2001, just went through this exercise trading up to a used 4310. I traded my 2001 4100 (117 hours, new 200cx loader, 54" MMM, and 54" snow blade), for a 2003 4310 (60 hours, 72"MMM), and $3k. Well I went to my local dealer before I finalized the deal with a dealer further away. My local dealer previously (another salesman 6 months ago), had previously indicated my tracctor was worth only $7000 as a trade-in. So since I had received a verbal off3er of $11.5k at the other dealer, I wanted to see what the local dealer would say now? Went in and the best price i could get was $10k on a newer tractor, which was leaving a delta of almost $9k not including tax, on a used 2520. So i decided on the used 4310.

:DBut to answer your question, the local dealer pulled out a Blue Book for tractors and showed me the value as close as he could, because the book only listed tractors with ~300+ hours on them. :D

So the 4100 and the 4310, with such low hours were not listed. So we were left to figure that they were worth more than the highest listing in the book for each used tractor.

So just like cars the Dealers have a Blue Book for Tractors.

/ Trade In Values #3  
Hmmm... that's interesting. Now, where does a guy get his hands on a "blue book" for tractors?

Thanks.

AKfish

/ Trade In Values #4  
AKfish said:
Hmmm... that's interesting. Now, where does a guy get his hands on a "blue book" for tractors?

Thanks.

AKfish

Used Tractor Price Guide 2007 Edition: The Official Tractor Blue Book 1939-2006 Tractors

Ironsearch.com Appraisals - Find used tractor values, tractor blue book prices

Price Digests - The Official Tractor Blue Book

Barnes & Noble.com - Store Inventory: Inventory Results

I might go look at this at a local Barnes and Nobles just to see what it is like. There is a book, the dealers use but it is small like a pocketbook bible.

/ Trade In Values #5  
Nuru -- thanks. Now I've got added sources for my tractor "fix"! (I don't think my wife has referred to me as a "tractor junkie" cause the last time she said something about me being on the computer too long --- had the letters "jack***" --- I think...

/ Trade In Values #6  
Your welcome and no problem!

/ Trade In Values
Nuru, thanks so much. Since I posted, I visited my local Kubota/JohnDeere dealer and got some figures. He used the price guide you listed to look up a value, interesting enough, that value turned out as $7000 for a 4100 HST with 475 hours and the 410 FEL. I will put it on E Bay and see what I can do there. I think $8 to $9K would be alot better.

My eyes are set on an L3400. I need more power for ground engaging implements. I eventually want to get a turf renovator unit and the 4100 just won't cut it with that much weight behind you.

Thanks again.

/ Trade In Values #8  
gkk2001 said:
Nuru, thanks so much. Since I posted, I visited my local Kubota/JohnDeere dealer and got some figures. He used the price guide you listed to look up a value, interesting enough, that value turned out as $7000 for a 4100 HST with 475 hours and the 410 FEL. I will put it on E Bay and see what I can do there. I think $8 to $9K would be alot better.

My eyes are set on an L3400. I need more power for ground engaging implements. I eventually want to get a turf renovator unit and the 4100 just won't cut it with that much weight behind you.

Thanks again.
Your welcome gkk2001. BTW, i was quoted 7k for my 4100 in 2006 for trade in on a 2004 4115. I only had 100 hours on it then, and so i waited, and this year I got $11.5k in trade for my on the way to getting the 2003 4310. so i think being patient is a good thing.

/ Trade In Values #9  
And mine included a 200 cx loader, and my local dealer offered me only $7k!