Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #1  

prentp

Tractor
BX2230
My back is no longer able to take the seat on the Kubota on my rough yard mowing. Since the dealer I bought it from 2 years ago sells both JD and Kubota I believe they are offering me a pretty good deal.

Trade in 2004 Kubota BX2230 183 Hours with FEL and 60" deck

New JD 2305 with R4 tires,200CX loader,62 inch deck and block heater

Price for trade is $3,780

From what I have seen the used BX's selling for this looks like a really good deal.

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #2  
If the seat is the issue, can't you simply upgrade that part?

Not to steer you away from a new green and yellow purchase (I have a 2305 too), but $4K to change seats (if that's the only reason)...

I know there have been folks here that don't like the seat on the 2210 or 2305 and have upgraded them to a suspension version.

Good Luck!

Scott

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #3  
I think the seat on the 2305 is it's worst feature. On rough ground I air the tires way down and put a piece of thin plywood with foam glued to it between the seat and the rubber supports. In your situation, I would probably look at after market suspension seats.
But, if you just want a new tractor....that's a different matter entirely!!!!!

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305
When I tried out the 2305 it was a lot more comfortable for me to ride than my Kubota. You are correct I should probably just upgrade my seat on the Kubota but I really liked the design changes, even on the BX2350 Kubota, but I felt a lot more comfortable on the JD.

I guess my reason to trade is 20 % because of the seat and 80 % that I would really like to have a new green machine.

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #5  
I upgraded the seat on my 2520 after a couple of months. I don't think your tractor has an option of a yellow seat, so you should go ahead and swap for a yellow seat with a nice green tractor under it. JC

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #6  
You can buy the seat of the F-Series front mowers for about $350. Its a real suspension seat and will make an actual difference in the ride.

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #7  
RollTideRam said:
I upgraded the seat on my 2520 after a couple of months. I don't think your tractor has an option of a yellow seat, so you should go ahead and swap for a yellow seat with a nice green tractor under it. JC

RollTideRam , when you upgraded your seat on your 2520 . what seat did you end up going with? I know some people on the 2305 go to the Xseris seat with the suspention seat. is this what you did?.....:)

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #8  
I strongly recommend Taebo as it helps shape the posterior for factory provided uncomfortable seats. :p

Im wondering how folks survived years ago when steel plates shaped like a deep dish was the norm?

Actually my Deere 2520 is very comfortable. I dont want to fall asleep on my machine:D

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #9  
ducati996 said:
I strongly recommend Taebo as it helps shape the posterior for factory provided uncomfortable seats. :p

Im wondering how folks survived years ago when steel plates shaped like a deep dish was the norm?

Actually my Deere 2520 is very comfortable. I dont want to fall asleep on my machine:D

That is hilarious. I am glad my 4310 came wirh a very comfortable seat.

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #10  
ducati996 said:

I supposed this isn't really useful, but I spent a couple of hours on my neighbors 1942 J.D. model H (yes it's still working for a living!) with the original metal seat which is mounted to a big "leaf" spring. The seat itself would take some getting used to, but it has a lot of vertical motion and in many ways is more comfortable then the seat on the 2305.