I'm registered

/ I'm registered #1  

Deerenebraska

Tractor
The whole lot
I\'m registered

Just a note to TBN members. I registered by this name because somehow Cornhuskerdeere wouldn't work to register. I will not advertise on this board, but if any members would like advice or pricing, please send me a message, and I will get back to you. Thanks for the support.

/ I'm registered #2  
Re: I\'m registered

Welcome aboard, Ron!

We like tractor dealers. They provide us our toys.

Being a member here may help you get some business. The overwhelming majority of tractor dealers seem not to be aware of the marketing possibilities of the internet in general, or this forum in particular.

The way some other dealers "sneak in" a welcomed marketing plug now and then is to monitor and participate in discussion threads. For example, you may see a discussion about what is the purpose of the purple lever on a JD. You can jump in and explain it. Or what is the new JD electronic hydro. Or how much does the a JD xyz feature cost. You can pop in, provide useful info, and suggest people contact you if they want more info or prices. I know Steve Carver and Bob Wolff have gotten significant business from participating here and on Jplan.

It's up to you to decide, but I think quoting prices here might be a two-edged sword for a dealer. If you quote list prices, people here might think you are overpriced. If you quote aggressive prices, some people here will simply use that as a price point to beat up their local dealers, giving you nothing. (That's why Carver Equipment, the best known online dealer--of Kubota's--makes people sign confidentiality agreements before he quotes specific prices. A lot of members here react negatively to that; others don't care.) So, again, it's your call as to whether you want to quote your best prices in public, but I think you're better off doing that in private when you know someone is serious. After all, as buyers, I think we should have to work a little to get the best price.

By the way, I wouldn't object to a specified "shopping" forum here at all. That might be useful.

/ I'm registered #3  

Ron,
Nice to see you registered. I'll be out that way quite a bit this next year with the new horse showing in the AQHA roping classes. Not too many here in Iowa but alot in NE. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi.

/ I'm registered #4  

If you look at your first post under "New JD Tractors" you'll see your already registered as "Cornhuskerdeere".
I like having a dealer on the board to quote prices if needed. It's very convenient to get a price, send an e-mail, and in a few days the parts are at the door.

/ I'm registered #5  

Hmm, like NJJohn said, looks like you registered on l0/19/01 as Cornhuskerdeere (but didn't put any information in your profile). But apparently you haven't been logging on before posting messages. Sounds like John Miller III./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif So now you're a double member./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Anyway, glad to have you with us and glad you put enough information in your profile for us to know you now.

/ I'm registered #6  

I'm glad to see you onboard. A dealer often has a differrent perspective from a buyer, not just in terms of price. I look forward to your continued postings and hope to be able to use your services in the future.

Jim

/ I'm registered #7  

Hello and Welcome aboard Deerenebraska! Yes I wish I had purchased my unit out there where the pricing is far cheaper than in the NE. By the way, what are your prices for the following:

54" MMM deck for a 4100
60: MMM deck for a 4100
Shipping to Connecticut/RI/Mass area?

Thanks

Nuru

/ I'm registered #8  

How about a price on 4th & 5th SCV for a 4600.

/ I'm registered #9  

I don't ever log on and I come up as registered. Did I check an auto-log-on feature I didn't know about? Or does he maybe post away from his main computer?

/ I'm registered #10  

Brad, I don't ever log on either, because I never "Logout". Since I only use the one computer, I'm logged on anytime I go to TBN. But if you logout, then you have to log on again with your password, etc.