Trading in the 3320 :O)

/ Trading in the 3320 :O) #1  

orlo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2305/JD 4720 cab
I have a 2305 (1.5 years old) - BH6000, 200CX loader, 62"MMM, 47" Snowblower and a 3320 (6 months old 300CX loader, 72"MMM), Canopy, PBY,etc. It was a tough decision but I decided to trade in the 3320 for a 3720 Cab. (As opposed to trading in the 2305).

Now I can't wait to get the 3720 (R3's, PBY, Electric Diverts, 3rd SCV, etc.) and 59" blower (no more snow in my face..;). It was mostly a financial decision (I can keep the 300CX and 72"MMM from the 3320 for the 3720. Also it would have cost me a fortune to Add a deck, loader and 448 BH to the 3320 if I didn't want to lose functionality that I have.

Still not sure I made the right decision but also keeping the 2305 gives me a lot of options to get into tight spots if I need to. Especially when I help out friends. I also only now mow about 2 acres with the 2305 so that would be hard for me to justify having a 3320 for (aside from loader work).

Anyway, now I can't wait until the 3720 get's all built up. The dealer has it but needs to get all the accessories in and install them.

I actually would have loved to jump into a 4x20 series but the cab's are just a tad too tall for my garage and there is no front snowblower offered for it. Although I did convince myself I could get a big skid steer blower, the skid steer adapter for the 400CX, and a high volume PTO pump to run the SS blower but that would probably cost a fortune also.

/ Trading in the 3320 :O) #2  
Is this a 3720 CAB? Sounds like you definitely made the correct choice for flexibility.

/ Trading in the 3320 :O)
Yup. I should have got a cab late last summer when I bought the 3320 but for some reason I didn't. :O(

So I'm making up for it now.

/ Trading in the 3320 :O) #4  
I was told that a loader from a open station 3320 tractor wouldn't fit on a cab 3320 tractor per my local dealer! I understand the mounting location point on a cab model to be farther head on frame to allow for cab room?

/ Trading in the 3320 :O) #5  
wippster said:
I was told that a loader from a open station 3320 tractor wouldn't fit on a cab 3320 tractor per my local dealer! I understand the mounting location point on a cab model to be farther head on frame to allow for cab room?

The mounting frames are different between the Open Station and Cab tractors. The rest of the loader is the same.

Right. I'm trading in my 3320 with the mounting frame and getting a new frame on the 3720.

Nobody has said I should keep the 3320 so I guess trading in the 3320 and keeping the 2305 was the right choice. (This is the one I was worried about... ;)

/ Trading in the 3320 :O) #8  
orlo said:
Nobody has said I should keep the 3320 so I guess trading in the 3320 and keeping the 2305 was the right choice. (This is the one I was worried about... ;)

Well, I think the 3320 was plenty for your 8½ acres and could have been used to finish mow around the house as well as any other tasks a resdential owner would have. I guess i didn't understand why you needed two tractors in the first place, or why you need a bigger tractor now.

I guess as long as you didn't take too big a loss on the 3320, it's OK.

After all, it is your money and your choice...

Oh, I should have explained :O) - I always leave critical info out -
Two different properties 200 miles apart.

One is around 2.6 acres in MA (mow about 2) and the other is 6.2 in VT (Mow probably 5-6 (5 of mine and some of my neighbors). I use the loader and BH a little in both locations and the Snowblower only in MA generally.

I Originally had the 2305 up in VT but liked it so much I brought it down to MA (Retired my GT5000) and got the 3320 for up North. Now I've decided that I really really :) want a cab tractor and it seemed like the 3320 would be overkill for the 2.6 acres in MA (If I traded in the 2305 and kept the 3320). (Although I'm sure there is somebody on this site that mows 1/4 an acre with a 4720.., I just know it ;)

I do have a flatbed to transport them but I really don't want to swap them more then a couple times a year is possible (Thus two loaders). I plan on swapping them in the fall and spring since I will want the 3720 cab in MA for the winter to snowblow a large driveway and parking area. (The 2305 with the 47" did a fine job here but I got tired of getting snow blown in my face.. ;)

Last year when I bought the 3320 is when I should have gotten the cab but I don't know what I was thinking... :O)

/ Trading in the 3320 :O) #10  
orlo said:
Yup. I should have got a cab late last summer when I bought the 3320 but for some reason I didn't. :O(

So I'm making up for it now.

good for you.