iMatch???

/ iMatch??? #1  

BKColeman

Gold Member
Tractor
TC 40D w/ SuperSteer
Does anybody know much about this new iMatch Quick Hitch system coming out on the 4000 ten series?

Is it something that is connected to the tractor only? There isn't another piece you have to buy for each implement?

You only get the benefit if the implement is iMatch compatible? But you can still use any Cat 1 implement, right?

Is it compatible with the telescoping draft links or are they even necessary anymore? Is it compatible/useful with TNT?

My local dealer seems clueless on all things related to the new series. I've learned some from midlawns.com, but still wasn't too sure about the iMatch stuff.

Thanks,
-Brad

/ iMatch??? #2  
I called a dealer nearby with some of the same questions. He claimed that the system can be used with non-JD implements, but he didn't offer much else. He sent one of the new, rather skimpy brochures on the new 4x10 series tractors which shows it in action, but the picture is quite small. Dealer said the company (5 central Iowa stores) has ordered 16 of the series and I'll get a chance to demo one sometime in late February-early March. I'm interested in the iMatch and will take some pictures and post them, if I get a chance to demo the system.

Bill

/ iMatch??? #3  
Looks to me like iMatch is just like some of the other quick hitch kind of products already on the market. I would guess that it is intended to be "universal" but we all know how "universal" implements are made /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif. There does not appear to be an implement component though, just a tractor portion

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.midlawns.com/iMatch.htm>iMatch picture</A>

Kevin

/ iMatch??? #4  
Yep I've seen it and that's exactly what it is. It's just like the quick attach that you go buy at the farmstore, just painted JD green. Only thing special about the system is all the JD implements are made to fit it.

/ iMatch???
Yeah, I had figured it was another way to try to "convince" you to buy JD implements, I just want to make sure it won't give me any problems if I don't want to buy green for everything, or if I want to add top-n-tilt.

I'd be willing to pay the $185 or so if it gave me some convenience at times, but not if it is going to cause aggravation at other times. Nothing worse than paying extra for an option that causes grief.

-Brad

/ iMatch??? #6  
It won't cause anymore grief than any other quick attach system.

/ iMatch???
I've never used any quick attach system so I don't know how much grief they might cause/prevent.
But if I go w/ JD, I'll probably get the iMatch option.

Thanks.

/ iMatch??? #8  
Cowboydoc,

For the uninitiated, please explain what aggravation is possible with quick attach systems. Thanks.

Bill

/ iMatch??? #9  
Well your quick attach system is only as good as the implements that you attach it to. It will only work on implements that the quick attach will fit. Otherwise you have to take off your quick attach and hook up the implement.

/ iMatch??? #10  
The way the salesman explained it to me, there doesn't have to be a special attachment piece on the individual implements; is that not the case? Remember, I'm really uninformed on all this stuff, but am trying to learn. Give me some more details, if you can. Thanks.

Bill