Rotary Cutters ??

/ Rotary Cutters ?? #11  
I haven't seen Bush Hog products in person, but they're supposed to be good. Land Pride is definitely top notch, but the LX series are also. Locally Land Pride seems to be the most expensive brand around. IMHO Woods BB60 is probably the nicest light duty 5' cutter at any reasonable price, and the LX5 would be, IMHO, about 99.5% as good. I have an LX6 and if it needed replacement I would pretty much flip a coin between getting another one or a BB72 (though most likely I would step up to an MX6 for the extra capacity and sloped top deck).

/ Rotary Cutters ?? #12  
I think the Frontier equipment is made by Woods.

/ Rotary Cutters ?? #13  
Some Frontier box blades used to be made by Woods. I don't know who makes the RC cutters but I'd be really surprised if it's Woods. IF a dealer has one in stock, the last page of the owner's manual should have a warranty statement that says who the manufacturer is.

/ Rotary Cutters ??
Did some more snooping around today at other dealers for 5' rotary cutters. The Woods Brush Bull BB60 with clutch is $1250; the Bush Hog SQ600 with clutch is $1170; and the Land Pride RCR1860 with shear bolt is $995. Also, the Woods Heritage HSS60 with shear is $1195 and $1495 with clutch. After looking at them all, I think it's coming down to either the Woods BB60 with clutch ($1250) or the Bush Hog SQ600 with clutch ($1170). Any advice on these models and prices would be greatly appreciated.

/ Rotary Cutters ?? #15  
I personally just made the same decision on the mowers. I looked at Woods and the Bush Hog brands, both in 6'. I went with the Woods. It had 10 more HP on the gearbox, 75 hp vs 65 hp, and it also had a 5 year warranty on the gearbox. I also like the way it was built better.

/ Rotary Cutters ??
Well, I got the Woods BB60 with slip clutch today and brought her home. Hooked it up to the JD 3720 Cab tractor and made necessary adjustments. Was initially concerned that some ballast weight may have to be added to front but all went well in the test run -- very smooth running and relatively low noise. Many thanks to all who provided input which helped with the decision. Sunny