What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit

/ What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit #1  

JDCAN

Banned
Just wondering what comes with the 200cx loader kit, does it include the ballast box? When I print off the pages from JohnDeere.com it seems to show it does come with the kit, but my deal told me it is not included. He has also stated countless times the ballast box is not need. After all the reading I have done here it seems like one is needed. What's the deal? With that said the ballast box for 199 seems like a total waste of cash. For a simple box why do they charge so much?

Also on the John Deere print out it mentions with 46 Backhoe Interference with 200cx loader tubes when 46 backhoe is installed. This condition is worse with R3 tires. Hmm so I read some reports some people have tire rubbing and some do not. Has this problem been fixed? Or is it not really a problem since John Deere has it on the print out sheets?

Last edited:
   / What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit #2  
You don't have to have the jd ballast box, but if you use your loader you will need some kind of ballast. I have not lifted enough to get my rear wheels off the ground, but lifted enough to loose traction with the rear wheels. The deere ballast box is built to sit close to the tractor so not to get in the way when doing close work with the loader. It is just an empty steel box that mounts to the 3pt hitch. You have to fill it with sand or concrete or something heavy of your choice. As you noticed it can come with the loader on the "build your own" but you have to pay for it. I just use a boxblade, and have added some suitcase weights to it for more ballast when using my grapple. JC

/ What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit #3  
When you build the loader one of the options is 'less ballast box' that is usually the way the dealers build them so the base price doesn't necessarily include a box.

I would highly suggest the ballast box. On my 2305 the loader is very strong for the size of the tractor and it will lift the rear wheels off the ground pretty easily if you don't have a BB even with loaded tires (I do have loaded tires).

That said, if you have an implement you can use it for ballast instead but it won't be as compact. A lot of folks use a rear blade or box blade for ballast and they work but are bulky.

/ What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit #4  
JDCAN said:
Just wondering what comes with the 200cx loader kit, does it include the ballast box? When I print off the pages from JohnDeere.com it seems to show it does come with the kit, but my deal told me it is not included. He has also stated countless times the ballast box is not need. After all the reading I have done here it seems like one is needed. What's the deal? With that said the ballast box for 199 seems like a total waste of cash. For a simple box why do they charge so much?

Also on the John Deere print out it mentions with 46 Backhoe Interference with 200cx loader tubes when 46 backhoe is installed. This condition is worse with R3 tires. Hmm so I read some reports some people have tire rubbing and some do not. Has this problem been fixed? Or is it not really a problem since John Deere has it on the print out sheets?
JDC,

My dealer here won't deliver a 2305 without a ballast box and loaded rear tires. There is a reason for this.

Remember, shiny side up!

/ What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit #5  
JDFANATIC said:
JDC,

My dealer here won't deliver a 2305 without a ballast box and loaded rear tires. There is a reason for this.

Remember, shiny side up!

Not only is the rear ballast (and I use a Deere ballast box) good for lifting, it really helps digging into a pile of dried out clumpy material or gravel.

I could never get a good bucket load of gravel (even with a tooth bar). The tractor would run out of traction. Once I got the ballast box, digging into a pile of material has been much more effective.

/ What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit #6  
RoyJackson said:
Not only is the rear ballast (and I use a Deere ballast box) good for lifting, it really helps digging into a pile of dried out clumpy material or gravel.

I could never get a good bucket load of gravel (even with a tooth bar). The tractor would run out of traction. Once I got the ballast box, digging into a pile of material has been much more effective.

Yep, no rear ballast, digging into a stiff pile of material is not very effective.

/ What is included with a cx200 Loader Kit
Thanks for the feedback, I wonder why the dealer is saying I don't need it. He could be selling me more, but told me not to bother.

I guess I will see what happens when I get the new machine.