what JD models can you get a "clam shell" on?

/ what JD models can you get a "clam shell" on? #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
i was wondering if anyone knew what models you could get a clam shell on? i asked a dealer(through email) if i could get one on a 5003 series or a 5005 series and his response was.....

"I just found out that you can’t put a clam shell on the 522 or 512 loaders John Deere only offers them for the really big Tractors (industries type)"

but when he reduced his quote and subtracted the clam shell, it was only around a $400 difference. i thought these specialized buckets would cost WAY more then $400. so if anyone has one on their JD, what model do you have and what was the extra cost(ballpark figure)?

id love to have one for picking up dead limbs and such from trees around my farm and this would be money well spent i think.

/ what JD models can you get a "clam shell" on? #2  
I guess by "clam shell" you are refering to a 4-N-1 bucket?
You can certainly get one for your loader, not sure why your dealer is confused:confused:

Look HERE:D

/ what JD models can you get a "clam shell" on? #3  
I have a 4-in-1 bucket on my Deere. It is a 4720 with a 400cx loader. I think you can even get the buckets for a 3x20 series tractor (or a 300 series loader).

You can go here and search for the accessory buckets: John Deere Ag - Frontier Equipment Features for 4 in 1 Bucket

As far as pricing, I purchased my loader with the 4-in-1 with the tractor. I didn't even want/get a regular one. I also got the quick change forks with it. I got it all as a package, so pricing wasn't really divided out.

/ what JD models can you get a "clam shell" on? #4  
Update: if you click the link that I posted, and then look at the AL1472E bucket and click the 'Specification' link listed under it, it states that it will fit a 300, 400, or 500 series loader! There is your answer!!!

/ what JD models can you get a "clam shell" on? #5  
Sounds like your dealer really doesn't know his buckets!

/ what JD models can you get a "clam shell" on? #6  
I have a 4720 with heavy duty JD 4-in-1 bucket. Purchased with tractor new. Same bucket as used on JD Skid Steer. Works great.

dwhobbs