Buying a JD 4520

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Buying a JD 4520 #1  

rhomium

Anyone own a JD 4520 by chance? If so, what do you like/dislike about it. Been looking for a new tractor for awhile and just ordered a 4520. After looking at the Case DX55/ NH TC55, I preferred some of the JD features a little better. Probably a little late since I ordered the tractor already, but figured I'd see what the prevailing opinions were.

Thanks,

JP

/ Buying a JD 4520 #2  
Welcome to the site & congrats on your new tractor!

Might get a few more responses in the Deere specific forum as I'm not sure if everyone reads every forum. :)

/ Buying a JD 4520 #3  
rhomium said:
Anyone own a JD 4520 by chance? If so, what do you like/dislike about it. Been looking for a new tractor for awhile and just ordered a 4520. After looking at the Case DX55/ NH TC55, I preferred some of the JD features a little better. Probably a little late since I ordered the tractor already, but figured I'd see what the prevailing opinions were.

Thanks,

JP

i don't own one, but am open to seeing any pictures you have when you get it!!:D in truth, i think you will fully enjoy your JD. the 4000 series are some very capable machines and ive not heard many complaints from owners.

/ Buying a JD 4520 #4  
Well, I don't have a 4520, but I do have a 4320. Only have 22 hours so far...and so far it has been great!

/ Buying a JD 4520 #5  
I have a 4320, pretty close to yours. 115 hours.
I don't like:
- the engine noise. It's Loud!
- the puff of black smoke on startup
- the cheap plastic door that covers the fuel fill
- the lack of traction [I have R4's, not the tractor's fault]
- the weak 400X loader [you should get the 400CX]
I do like:
- the ease of use
- the comfortable seat and ergonomics
- the maneuverabilty; better than my 2nd choice TC40
- the little engineering details that just make the thing work better/smarter
- the green paint