320 garden tractor

/ 320 garden tractor #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
I'm trying to find out all I can on the JD 320 garden tractor I bought yesterday, can't find much on line even searching these sites. it's a kawa v-twin, not sure of the HP, it is hydrastatic with hydaulic lift, this one is clean with only 370 hours, only has the 48" deck, I realy need a front snow plow, is there one available for this machine? if so what is the model number. I have the weights and chains already just need the front plow.

/ 320 garden tractor #2  
I think it's a 20 hp or 18.That is a good find. what did it cost?take a good look at the deck belts and also the main drive belt.change the hydro filter screen and oil. Nice JD.

/ 320 garden tractor
Paid $1,500. the guy wanted $2,000, but he just sold his house and has to get rid of alot of stuff so he didn't mind lowering the price, and I did find out it's 18 horse, the thing is real clean and tight, he had a huge yard but just used this to do the close trimming, he's got a JD 650 that he only wants $4,000 for, with 4x4, belly mower and a 4 way front blade. It's a little more used with 900 hours but it's a nice HD little tractor, I was tempted to offer him a package deal but my wife would castrate me if I came home with 2 tractors!.
The only issue I may have with the 320 is the cooling system has a thick white kinda greasy kinda, chalky coating when I looked in the radiator, I don't know if it's some type of additive or residue from hard well water, I'm gonna flush the cooling system anyway so I hope that helps, I will change the filters and fluids also.
I really need the front blade if any one knows what other model attachments will go on the 320 I'd appreciate it, thanks

/ 320 garden tractor #5  
Is it an X320 machine? If so, those are still sold by JD and you can find all of the attachment info on JDs residential website. The price you paid would be about half of a new one... Nice find!

/ 320 garden tractor #6  
It should be a GT325 if it's a V-twin Kawasaki. That is an 18 hp garden tractor.

Here's a link to a PDF on the JD website for the GT325.
PDF LINK

/ 320 garden tractor #7  
The Deere 320 he has was made in the early 1990's and only for a couple of years. It replaced the 318 and ended the era of Deere shaft driven transmissions. I have the shop manual for the 320 somewhere (not here unfortunately) and should be able to come up with some answers for you in a day or two.

/ 320 garden tractor #8  
JB4310 said:
a JD 650 that he only wants $4,000 for, with 4x4, belly mower and a 4 way front blade.
Really blows being unemployed. Just got done borrowing the neighbors mower (ran out of gas no less. I mean, cant they make sure its filled when someone comes to get it!) and could really use my own. 650 would be perfect with a large mower deck

I can say for sure, but Im pretty sure Ive seen 300 series tractors with front blades. Search ebay or machinefinder.

/ 320 garden tractor #9  
Your JD 320 was built in the early 90's and sold new for about $6000. It was available with a 48" mower deck, 42" snow thrower, 46" front blade, and 30" rotary tiller. I have the sales brochure for this tractor but it does not give too much detailed information. I think most of the attachments were unique to this tractor and it does not look like the common 318 series attachments will fit.
Ken

/ 320 garden tractor
thanks to every one for the replies, yes it was bought in 93, and there is a 48" plow from Deere available, with all mounting kits it would be $650. and $150 for a manual from the seat angle kit.
If I can't find a used one I will get the new, if I could just get the plow which goes on a few dif models then the mounting kits are only like $150.
Changed all fluids and filters and plugs etc, the in line hyd filter under the fender was a bear to get to, had to remove the fender deck and floor, at least it was a good chance to really clean it and see how things are put together under there. I'll post some pics.