John Deere 420 Loader?

/ John Deere 420 Loader? #1  

tinman955

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Bobcat CT450 Cab Hoe
Does anyone know what size the inside is on a 420 bucket for installing a tooth bar? I'm not where my tractor is and cant measure mine and wanted to buy one while I was on the road,

Any help would be great,

Thanks

/ John Deere 420 Loader? #2  
tinman955 said:
Does anyone know what size the inside is on a 420 bucket for installing a tooth bar? I'm not where my tractor is and cant measure mine and wanted to buy one while I was on the road,

Any help would be great,

Thanks

You'd really need to know the bucket size. Better you wait until you can measure it yourself.

/ John Deere 420 Loader?
Yeah your prob right,

Thanks again Roy

/ John Deere 420 Loader? #4  
As Roy said, you really need to measure yours, there are several different sized buckets that will fit on that loader.

/ John Deere 420 Loader?
i know mine is like a strange size Im thinking its a 61" but dont know what it actually measures from the inside. I'll prob wait till i get home and measure it and order a Markham toothbar.

Thanks

/ John Deere 420 Loader? #6  
tinman955 said:
i know mine is like a strange size Im thinking its a 61" but dont know what it actually measures from the inside. I'll prob wait till i get home and measure it and order a Markham toothbar.

Thanks

That's probably the size. Once you measure the inside of the bucket, order the toothbar about シ-ス" smaller to make it easier to install. I use a large thick flat washer as a spacer on both ends of the toothbar.