JD GT235 Snowthrower

/ JD GT235 Snowthrower #1  

kdkerns

Hi all.

For the amount of snow we get here in Northern VA, I opted to get a used "snowthrower" for my GT235 rather than the "snowblower" rig for my Kubota b7610. The snowthrower is the standard JD attachment for the GT235.

We got our first inch or two of snow today and all I can say is I am less than pleased with the snowthrower. This was a heavy wet snow that basically was turning to slush. When it did throw the snow, it basically threw it on top of the snowthrower and perhaps a tad further. But most of the time it was packing the snow into the chute so the snow would start coming out like toothpaste out of the tube until it got completley clogged. I sprayed the chute area with silicon spray and that delayed clogging, but throwing performance didn't increase.

Does anyone else have experience with these things? I will say I am very happy with my GT235's performance with traction. I put AG tires on all four corners and used the 50 pound plastic wheel weights on the back. Given that, I am tempted to put the 48 inch plow back on it because the snowthrower ended up being a plow today!

Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated!

** any ideas or thoughts in this post are mine and made on my behalf only and not on the behalf of any other person or organization**

/ JD GT235 Snowthrower #2  
It is the thrower. It is really made for dryer snow. In wet stuff your only hope is to keep engine rpm as high as possible to keep the rotor spinning as fast as possible and keep everything as clean and slick as possible. A blower which has 2 stages will move the wet stuff better. It may be worth a talk with your dealer if there is anyone there who knows anything. It is possible that there is a JD solution to your problem. Also you might want to check out some of the JD forums sometimes there are home made fixes that actually work. Maybe a pulley change of something.

Chris

/ JD GT235 Snowthrower #3  
Bringing this post back up top as I have a question regarding the GT235's snowblower. FIL has this model with a 42" snowblower and he wanted to know if there is an electric or hydraulic lift kit? JD Parts (which I'm not real good at using) I think only showed me the manual lift kit.