X585 Loader Questions

/ X585 Loader Questions #1  

robps

Hi guys,

I'm the proud new owner of an 2002 X585 with hard cab & blower which I bought mainly for snow removal (love that cab and heater) but with spring approaching I have been thinking about a loader (or mini loader) to help keep the gravel driveway and private gravel access road in shape.

From what I understand you cannot put a JD 45 loader on an X585 with a hard cab (yet I have pictures of one that was for sale on eBay with this exact setup). The dealer also says NO. Has anyone attempted to do this (I'm sure there are some modifications required).

If that doesn't work out (not holding my breath) I think there are at least 4 other options from what I have been able to research.

1. Johnny Bucket SR from Johnny Buckets For John Deere Sears Craftsman Cub Cadet Case Simplicity and Many More
2. Or-Bilt 49 Loader from Lawn Garden Tractor Loader John Deere OR-Bilt
3. The Green Bucket from www.jdtoyz.com
4. The Superior Front Scoop from Superior Tech Inc. - Home of The Superior Scoop (and sold by John Deere OEM as the tractor shovel)

I have a quick-hitch already with the blower so I need to factor that in.

I would be interested in hearing from owners of these units or others opinions of them.

Trying to make an educated decision - Thanks in advance

Rob

/ X585 Loader Questions #2  
Did the x585 on ebay have the death spears still attached to the top of the 45 loader? Or were they cut off? I am thinking that the loaders spears (ROPS) will hit the cab as they angle back quite abit.