Used John Deere X495

/ Used John Deere X495 #1  

NYBOB

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 JD 3720
My dealer believes he has an X495, a couple years old and about 100 hours coming in on a trade. If in excellent shape, what would it be worth with a 54 inch mower on it?

If this doesn't workout, I think I am going to go with the X740.

/ Used John Deere X495 #2  
It really depends on condition and if the dealer goes over the tractor and repairs anything that it might need. They will probably look for between $6000-6500 for it.

-Fordlords-

/ Used John Deere X495
Is there any difference between the 495 and the new 740's?

Between the $350 rebate from Deere and my companies $600 coupon, plus the discount from my dealer, I am at right around $9500 for a new 740. At what point would it be worth buying the 740 vs the 495?

Thanks

/ Used John Deere X495 #4  
   / Used John Deere X495
Based on the used numbers on those websites, I would be better to buy new....I think I can get the X740 for $9200 or so.....

/ Used John Deere X495 #6  
I purchashed my X748SE from Roeder outdoor power but not using Ebay. They are a very good dealer located in dubuque Iowa.

/ Used John Deere X495 #7  
I would not give more than 50% of the price of a new equilivant. The resale value on lawn and graden tractors is horrible. We have 3 Deere mowers right now that are 3-4 years old and priced at about 40% of their cost new and we can't move them. Don't put too much stock in tractrorhouse. Its always overpriced, equipmentlocator.com seems to have more realistic dealers in my experience.

/ Used John Deere X495 #8  
My dealer believes he has an X495, a couple years old and about 100 hours coming in on a trade. If in excellent shape, what would it be worth with a 54 inch mower on it?

If this doesn't workout, I think I am going to go with the X740.

Hi,
My X495 purchased new in 2005 was $12,300 before tax. It has a JD 62 C mowing deck and a great many attachments that can be purchased to go with it. They really hold their value but at least this might give you something to go on. I have approx. 340 hrs. on mine and it's 5 yrs old.
Good Luck. Excellent mower!

/ Used John Deere X495 #9  
We have 3 Deere mowers right now that are 3-4 years old and priced at about 40% of their cost new and we can't move them.
It probably doesn't help that you badmouth them at every opportunity.

/ Used John Deere X495 #10  
Did anyone happen to notice this thread is over two years old:)