New X740 Arrived

/ New X740 Arrived #1  

NYBOB

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 JD 3720
New X740 arrived on Saturday....I have not had a chance to use her much but here are some pictures. I know my neighbor is jealous since it dwarfs his Cub Cadet riding mower and it's a diesel.

Bob

Attachments

• JD X740 001.JPG
    JD X740 001.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 754
  • JD X740 002.JPG
    JD X740 002.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 612
  • JD X740 004.JPG
    JD X740 004.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 450
   / New X740 Arrived #2  
That, my friend, is one fine looking machine. Hope you're as happy with it as I am with my 455.

/ New X740 Arrived #3  
Congrats: You will love it I'm sure. I got an X748 last fall.

Do you plan to keep the front weights on for mowing? I never use them. I made a bracket for the rear to put 4 weights when the snow blade is on.

/ New X740 Arrived
I plan on keeping the weights on for a hill I need to go up. Tried the hill out and it was very stable.

Can't wait to mow...

/ New X740 Arrived #5  
OK on the weights. Spring seems to be here, finally. I took the blade off and put the mower on today. You shoud be mowing soon.:)

/ New X740 Arrived #6  
NYBOB said:
I plan on keeping the weights on for a hill I need to go up. Tried the hill out and it was very stable.

Can't wait to mow...

Looks great!

This is a 2WD machine isn't it. It seems to me that adding weight to the front will reduce traction on the rear. Or are you trying to keep it from fliping over backwards? Am I missing something?

/ New X740 Arrived #7  
Man, are you crazy? I just bought 2 BX1500s for the price of that - plus did I mention that a SCUT is a much better value than a large L&G tractor? Oh, sorry, thought I was someone else for a moment...

Seriously, a very nice unit - pretty much the newer version of the 455 that I have. For additional stability on hills you might want to consider wheel weights. I have a moderate sidehill mow that I can't avoid, so I run weights on both the front and rear wheels year 'round. It's probably not critical, but it does add a comfort factor. The suitcase weights on the front probably are not doing much for you - really only need them if you have a very heavy attachment on the rear.

Tim

/ New X740 Arrived
skidoo said:
Looks great!

This is a 2WD machine isn't it. It seems to me that adding weight to the front will reduce traction on the rear. Or are you trying to keep it from fliping over backwards? Am I missing something?

Yes, I have a steep hill...I also loaded the rear tires.

/ New X740 Arrived #10  
ccsial said:
Congrats: You will love it I'm sure. I got an X748 last fall.

Do you plan to keep the front weights on for mowing? I never use them. I made a bracket for the rear to put 4 weights when the snow blade is on.
Here's what I use for a rear weight when I have the front blade on my tractor.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/lb59/100_2316.jpg