JD 175 Hydro neutral and brake adjustment

/ JD 175 Hydro neutral and brake adjustment #1  

diggerjim

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2220D
I just (this saturday ) picked up a used JD 175 Hydro cheap at a garage sale. It runs and mows good but the neutral position is a little tricky, and it jumps forward when in neutral and the brake pedal has no effect so I assume they need adjusting. I searched 100 pages in this forum but did not find any info regarding my problem. I also searched the web for a few hours with no particular help. Anyone have ideas? I will be buying a manual but I need to mow now..........grass is growing..........its raining.........etc.

/ JD 175 Hydro neutral and brake adjustment #2  
I'm having same problem. Does anyone have the answer to this?

/ JD 175 Hydro neutral and brake adjustment #3  
I am in need of an answer to this question as well

/ JD 175 Hydro neutral and brake adjustment #4  
If you follow the control level down, there are some nuts you can adjust. I forget exactly, but you can adjust it. Private message me your email and I can send you a copy of the instructions I have.

/ JD 175 Hydro neutral and brake adjustment #6  
I just (this saturday ) picked up a used JD 175 Hydro cheap at a garage sale. It runs and mows good but the neutral position is a little tricky, and it jumps forward when in neutral and the brake pedal has no effect so I assume they need adjusting. I searched 100 pages in this forum but did not find any info regarding my problem. I also searched the web for a few hours with no particular help. Anyone have ideas? I will be buying a manual but I need to mow now..........grass is growing..........its raining.........etc.

Hey Diggerjim and beenhere: thanks beenthee.I found out about how to adj brakes by following the linkage on the parts breakdown the 5/16 th nut (1/2 wrench size 1&1/2 turns solved the problem) going clockwise on the nut. Hey diggerjim I would start off with that adjuster and check the brake lock adjustment. Hope I haven't confused you Guys. If so get back to me.