John Deere GX255 opinion value?

/ John Deere GX255 opinion value? #1  

amigauser

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
Does anyone here own or have an opinion on a Deere GX255 garden tractor? Any pro or cons? What should one sell for with a power flow bagger included? It is a 2004 model, not sure of the hours yet. It is supposed to be in excellent condition.

/ John Deere GX255 opinion value? #2  
Nice machine....my buddy has one. He bought it cause it was the smallest/cheapest Deere he could get with a diff lock to climb the steep hill in his back yard. Fat 24X12X12 rear tires loaded with rim guard and its a mountain goat. 20HP Kawasaki V-twin...you can't go wrong with kawy power. Power steering is great...once you have it on a lawn tractor you will never want anything else. With sharp blades and good blade tip speed, Deere's always cut nice. His has a 48" deck on it. Not sure on the price, but I guess $3000-$3500 would be pretty close.

/ John Deere GX255 opinion value?
Thanks for the info.

I looked at it today. It has 316 hours on it and the machine is pretty scratched up. It is definately not as pristine as the dealer led me to believe. They are asking $3090 for it plus tax. I am thinking now that I may be better off going new. The equivalent new JD is the X500.

/ John Deere GX255 opinion value? #4  
That's too much for that many hrs and scratched up.....I live right in the heart of John Deere Country so they are pretty reasonable used with very low hrs. A few thousand employees buy new ones every year with the company discount and then trade em off with 25-50-100 hrs on....Check with Roeder Implement in Dubuque, IA. They get about 600 of these trade ins a year and will ship anywhere in the country. They have a store on Ebay:

eBay Store - Roeder Outdoor Power: John Deere, Kubota, Cub Cadet

/ John Deere GX255 opinion value? #5  
Bumping an old thread here, but how would one of these do at mowing heavy grass? How heavy is the deck? How does the deck flow? Does it clog up easily?

Looking at replacing a Cub Cadet LT1050 that is way undertractored for the job. Need to mow a field every month or so which is more than the CC wants to do. Also need to blow sidewalks and possibly part of a parking lot (on occasion).

Seeing one locally with ~120 hrs that has a Femco cab (soft doors, glass front and solid back), 42" blower, 48" MMM, weights and chains for about $4k.
I would really like to get a BX with a blower and cab, but $10K+ is not in the budget right now. $3-4k might be possible.

Local dealer is a Kubota/Cub Cadet dealer, but there is a Deer dealership that isn't too far away if it needs major work.

Sounds reasonable to me, but any opinions?

Aaron Z