Price on a X749

/ Price on a X749 #61  
Brandon,

Let me start off by saying I'm not a Scag dealer. I would stay away from the Scag with Cat Diesel for these reasons. Make sure the dealer works on diesels and stocks enough parts for a machine he may only sell one or two of. Second it is my understanding that Cat wants all warranty work to be performed by Cat dealers. Confrim or deny that. If it is true your mower is gonna be behind a long list of more important TLB's and Dozers and excavators that the dealer sold. You may have a Cat engine, that doesn't make it Cat equipment. Point being you might be subject to some severe down time during mowing season.
Try and narrow your search down to a dealer that can do both the engine and mower work and warranty work. Your likely to get better service from the guy you bought it from than if you show up with a little piece of equipment to a big iron dealer.

Brian
848-992-6150

/ Price on a X749 #62  
Brandon,

Let me start off by saying I'm not a Scag dealer. I would stay away from the Scag with Cat Diesel for these reasons. Make sure the dealer works on diesels and stocks enough parts for a machine he may only sell one or two of. Second it is my understanding that Cat wants all warranty work to be performed by Cat dealers. Confrim or deny that. If it is true your mower is gonna be behind a long list of more important TLB's and Dozers and excavators that the dealer sold. You may have a Cat engine, that doesn't make it Cat equipment. Point being you might be subject to some severe down time during mowing season.
Try and narrow your search down to a dealer that can do both the engine and mower work and warranty work. Your likely to get better service from the guy you bought it from than if you show up with a little piece of equipment to a big iron dealer.

Brian
848-992-6150

Brian,

Great Points. I kept wondering why people have said to stay away from Challenger tractors, because the CAT shop rate is nuts!! Could put you in the poor house.

Excellent points.

/ Price on a X749
Thanks for the tips I have made a new thread in lawn and garden seems to be a better place for it and the Scag is nice but over priced compared to kubota.. please continue this at lawn and garden

/ Price on a X749 #65  
I've had incredibly good luck with a Grasshopper ZTR. Mine is a Kubota gas engine model, but they offer a range of diesel versions, all with Kubota engines. I see a lot of commercial mowers using them around here as well. I have seriously abused my mower and it just keeps mowing . . . I think the diesel mowers are around $11k.

/ Price on a X749
Confirmed. We can't touch them. Our local CAT stores labor rate is double what ours is.

Thats what turning me away cause Cleavland bros are the closest dealer and thats an hour away from me and i dont want it in the shop more then in a yard, so i think im going to check out a kubota ZD331 tomorrow after school.