Price on a X749

/ Price on a X749 #1  

John Deere 3520

Silver Member
Im going to go to the dealer tomorrow and price a JD X749 with 3point and pto for my growing lawncare company and was wondering what i should expect. I priced one on JD.com and came around $16,500 but ive heard that 10-15% off of that price is what you will pay so im thinking $15,400 or so, does that seem far?? and does anyone think the delux seat is worth $400???

/ Price on a X749 #2  
Don't know about the price, but if they are ever going to be discounted now would seem to be the time. I have both JD and Kubota equipment and I have followed your questions about this model in the forum. I am sure the X749 is a fine lawn mower with some tractor features, but it also is supposed to depreciate like a rock if you happen not to be completely satisfied with the result. The Kubota BX lineup is a tractor that also mows grass and does not lose its value nearly as bad is this one is reported to. See Messicks comments on it and he is a dealer.

/ Price on a X749 #3  
Im going to go to the dealer tomorrow and price a JD X749 with 3point and pto for my growing lawncare company and was wondering what i should expect. I priced one on JD.com and came around $16,500 but ive heard that 10-15% off of that price is what you will pay so im thinking $15,400 or so, does that seem far?? and does anyone think the delux seat is worth $400???

To much money for a garden tractor when you can get a Subcompact such as A JD , Massy or Kubota for 9000 to 16500.

I don't have 16000 in any one of these 3 tractors.

L B

/ Price on a X749 #4  
in my opinion if you want a grass cutter for a business, get a ztr. if you also need a tractor, get one with a full cat 1 lift. you can not lift full cat 1 implements high enough to load and unload from a trailer with the x7xx's or the sub compact tractors, which leaves you to buy every implement you'll ever need because you can't rent low profile implements. some of which you'll only need a couple times a year. also, if you want a fel for the tractor, you'll appreciate faster hydraulics in a larger machine. time is money.

/ Price on a X749 #5  
:DWhat LBrown59 said:D $15.4K? At least look at the real tractors....Deere, NH, Massey, Mahindra, Kubota, Kioti, etc. :p

/ Price on a X749 #6  
To much money for a garden tractor when you can get a Subcompact such as A JD , Massy or Kubota for 9000 to 16500.

I don't have 16000 in any one of these 3 tractors.

L B

:DWhat LBrown59 said:D $15.4K? At least look at the real tractors....Deere, NH, Massey, Mahindra, Kubota, Kioti, etc. :p

I agree on both counts. Way too much money for what you get. Our MF1523 with the MMM was not $16,000, and it is a compact. :)

Keep us posted.

/ Price on a X749 #7  
Well folks that was kind of what I was hinting at in my first reply. This is an overpriced lawn mower with a few tractor features that depreciates like a rock, so you better be happy with it.

/ Price on a X749
well i take it that no one likes the X749 what so ever.. I would like to have one, but i do think there over priced I was talking to dad and he said i can use his 3520 any time i need to so thats a plus for the gardens im going to do.. what would you all suggest for a ZTR i would like it to be green and 54-60" deck!!

Thanks

Last edited:
   / Price on a X749 #9  
Those guys that don't like it, don't have one. I do and I love mine! It is great for mowing hills and slopes and around fruit trees. That is all I use it for however, and it shines for those purposes. Purchased mine last year for just under $12K with no PTO nor 3PH. I wouldn't bother with those options as I agree with others that a different Tractor is better for that use. I use a 2520 for 3PH and PTO use... But, I don't mow with the 2520, other than LX4 rotary cutter.

/ Price on a X749
Ive never driven one myself only seen them at the dealer,but yea I do see the point of using a different tractor for the 3 point and pto, so i dont think i will get a x749 even though they look sweet.. What is everyones take on a JD 757-797 or scag turf tiger??