New JD LA165

/ New JD LA165 #1  

davebic

Tractor
craftsman 19.5 twin turbo
I am seriously considering buying a new JD LA165 with a 48" deck. I have a little over an acre to mow and 80% is on a hill which is about a 3 to 1 slope. The 165 has the upgraded K46AC transmission as well. I have read some blogs about some issues this series. I know its not the same quality as their other series tractor but I thought it would be my best "bang for the buck". I also like the idea of a dealer being quite close for repairs. Any imput would be appreciated since this is my first Deere. Thanks.

/ New JD LA165 #2  
A 3 to 1 slope is approx 18 degrees, enough over 15 degres that I'd want a WIDE stable platform, whatever you choose. I'd personally would be inclined to look at the X300 series just because of the slopes and the upgrade to the K58 tranny if Deere was the only option.

/ New JD LA165 #3  
I am seriously considering buying a new JD LA165 with a 48" deck. I have a little over an acre to mow and 80% is on a hill which is about a 3 to 1 slope. The 165 has the upgraded K46AC transmission as well. I have read some blogs about some issues this series. I know its not the same quality as their other series tractor but I thought it would be my best "bang for the buck". I also like the idea of a dealer being quite close for repairs. Any imput would be appreciated since this is my first Deere. Thanks.

I hope you mean one foot of rise for every three feet linear.

Doesn't Deere have a 30 day return/exchange program? If so, you might want to wait until spring. Then you could pick up the LA165, try it for a month, and if you don't think it is doing the job, return it for an X300 or whatever.