john deere 145 plow parts

/ john deere 145 plow parts #1  

btownbunch

Just bought a used plow and am having a heck of a time finding replacement parts for it. I know for sure it a JD model 145. I would like to replace the moldboards, shins, shares, etc. Can these parts be found at TSC or are they special order. Will any other work? I would love to see some pics if some one has any of what these should look like completely assembled since the one i bought is very worn and pieces are missing. Thanks in advance.

/ john deere 145 plow parts #2  
I can't recall the exact number I had but I think it was a 145 from the 1970's. It's been a few years but I got off the shelf parts mail-order from Shoup MFG or Sloan Equip. Search internet.

I would think yoiu could search the net for photos and I'll bet you can go to the Deere website and see an exploded parts list. These parts for JD would likely be competitively priced (you can price on-line yourself) since available elsewhere. You could also search e-bay and buy a parts or owner's manual for a few dollars if available. They made a lot of these plows. Find your part #'s stamped into the back of the part.

I recall the shins and points and 14" moldboards were all standard parts. I also recall it really pulled hard--like gremlins were holding onto it and trying to slow me down.

/ john deere 145 plow parts #3  
Just bought a used plow and am having a heck of a time finding replacement parts for it. I know for sure it a JD model 145. I would like to replace the moldboards, shins, shares, etc. Can these parts be found at TSC or are they special order. Will any other work? I would love to see some pics if some one has any of what these should look like completely assembled since the one i bought is very worn and pieces are missing. Thanks in advance.

Check Valu-Bilt, Agri Supply, Cresent Forge, Shoup or Sloan, ect....You're looking for parts that fit John Deere "NU" style bottoms. They were common on a host of Deere plow models from early 60's on 'till late 80's. Should be among the easiest plows ever to find replacement wear iron.

/ john deere 145 plow parts #4  
Check Valu-Bilt, Agri Supply, Cresent Forge, Shoup or Sloan, ect....You're looking for parts that fit John Deere "NU" style bottoms. They were common on a host of Deere plow models from early 60's on 'till late 80's. Should be among the easiest plows ever to find replacement wear iron.

Well I just received this email yesterday...:(

Obama痴 superior Pelosi has managed to close another American icon in business since 1902. I am negotiating with foreign entities regarding an asset sale of Crescent Forge. If you are interested in a prospectus please contact to discuss further. If a sale is consummated I will lef you know which Asian county is now supreme in the traditional tillage business.

Regards,

Bill

/ john deere 145 plow parts #5  
Last edited: