John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I just picked up a used 325 with a 54C mower, 42" snow thrower, 48" blade and 30" tiller. It runs great and seems to be in good condition. Anyone have one of the newer 300 series? Any quirks that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #2  
Great machine! You won't be disappointed.

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #3  
I just picked up a used 325 with a 54C mower, 42" snow thrower, 48" blade and 30" tiller. It runs great and seems to be in good condition. Anyone have one of the newer 300 series? Any quirks that I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Sounds like a nice bunch of equipment .
What did that all go for if i may ask?

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #4  

Thanks!

Whoa.... bottle of champange in the cupholder, too? Nice setup! :)

AKfish

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor
The picture in my avatar is of my 4110 and Gt 225. The 325 is a 95 model. There is no cup holder... John Deere sells them at the dealership for like 12 bucks or so. I have found anything carbonated in the cup holder goes quickly flat...

The dealership wanted $3495 for the package, but I got it for $3200. It looks brand new. The salesman said they have maintained it all along. It is the single cylinder 17 HP Kawasaki, but it runs nice and quiet. everything is really smooth. I don't think the blade or tiller was used very much as the paint is barely scratched on them.

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #6  
The picture in my avatar is of my 4110 and Gt 225. The 325 is a 95 model. There is no cup holder... John Deere sells them at the dealership for like 12 bucks or so. I have found anything carbonated in the cup holder goes quickly flat...

The dealership wanted $3495 for the package, but I got it for $3200. It looks brand new. The salesman said they have maintained it all along. It is the single cylinder 17 HP Kawasaki, but it runs nice and quiet. everything is really smooth. I don't think the blade or tiller was used very much as the paint is barely scratched on them.
You got a real good buy

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #7  
Check for the infamous plastic cam gear. I don't think the air-cooled engines had it but you may want to ask about it. I have a '96 345 (liquid-cooled) and the plastic part has been replaced with the newer steel one.

It sounds like you don't need a cupholder, but FWIW the GX300's come with a cupholder/stowage bin in the right fender. If you don't mind cutting your fender it clips right in (I did it to my 345). I usually take a bottle of water or Gatorade and then put it in a soft foam can koozie. It squeezes right down into the cupholder perfectly and stays in place while I mow!!

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #8  
Wow, a 325, I wish I had one. I have a 2005 L118 and it works fine. i wish it could till the garden.:( Have fun with the 325 and be safe!:)

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor
Thanks. I really like it. There is a stowage bin on the left fender. I like how the attachments go on and off so easilly. Even easier than my GT.

/ John Deere 325 Lawn & Garden Tractor #10  
Sounds like a great deal. I think I'd jump on that if I could find a similar deal right now...
How many hours were logged on the tractor when you purchased it?