John Deere X 300.

/ John Deere X 300. #1  

Tugalert

John Deere X 300.

I am getting ready to buy a John Deere X 300. One on the small jobs that this unit will be to move my light 16 foot boat around the yard. I could not find where the 1 7/8" ball can go.

My old cheap 12 hp MTD was used for years to move the boat. I only used the old tractor to move the boat from the street to the back of my house. The lad is very level and the old tractor had no trouble.

So where on the John Deere X 300 can I mount the ball.

Thanks-------- Fred

/ John Deere X 300. #2  
Hi Fred, welcome to TBN.

I'm betting your going to have to rig something up on the 'rear' end to handle towing the boat around.

Is the X300 capable of a 3Pt setup ?

How did you have the MTD setup to move the boat ?

/ John Deere X 300. #3  
Fred; Welcome to TBN.

The mount is at the rear of the tractor. Triangle shaped metal extension tab with ball-mount hole on the rear of the frame. At least, that's where it's at on my X300R..

If you're on level ground; the tractor should have no problem moving the boat - IMO.

AKfish

/ John Deere X 300.
It was easy, I took a piece of 3/8" x 2" l stock and bolted it to the cheap rear end of the rear end metal. I had a old 1987 Chevy Astro bolt on 1 7/8" hitch laying around. Bolted the hitch to the aluminum and then to the old MDT. In south New Jersey the land is flat so it was not hard bolting it up and shift the boat around.

I might just take the old make up and transfer it to the John Deere X 300.

Thank you

Fred