John deere 325 mower....Help

/ John deere 325 mower....Help #1  

northstar1958

Gentlemen:

First time poster and looking for any help/information. I'm looking at a used John Deere 325 mower with snowblower attachment. Its a 96/97 model, (not sure) with a 1000 hours on the meter. Seems to run good, looks ok, your basic used John Deere....Anybody have a ballpark figure as to what i should be paying for something like this? I'm not familiar with the John Deere line so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for anything you can share.

Barry

/ John deere 325 mower....Help #2  
I surfed the net a little and have been looking at used riding mower the past few weeks. Prices on the net for a JD 325 varied from a low of $1100 (even had a bagging system) to a high of $3700 with 700 hours. Most seem to be in the $2000-$2500 range with 500-700 hours. Snowblowers don't add much IMHO, unless you really want one. Snowblowers are so model specific that used ones are not that valuable compared to what they cost. I was kind of surprised that several year old 325 mowers could still command the prices they were asking.
I am going to look at a 2007 JD x300 tomorrow for $2150 with 30 hours.

/ John deere 325 mower....Help
Thanks Radman,

Appreciate the info. Prices do seem to run all over the place for a 325. I don't know much about the john deere series. I've got two older cub cadets that just keep pluggin away. Thought if i could find something as stout as what i got now it might be worth looking at. Thanks again for the info.

Barry

/ John deere 325 mower....Help #4  
I picked up a '94 325 with a 17 HP Kawasaki, blower, blade, tiller & 54" mower for $3200 last MArch. The machine was stored inside and dealer maintained. It has 815 hours and runs like a top. I have seen others with just a mower go for that much. Keep your eyes peeled for the right deal and don't be in a rush to buy.