X749 With new 54" Snow Blower

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #31  
Just wondering I have a 2305 w/47" blower. This is my first year for a blower. Do you use high or low range for blowing OR is it just use common sense same as when you plow sometimes I can use High range other times I have to use low range.

Thanks for any info.!!!

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #32  
Thanks for the bike PIX. Nice machines, all. I am not Gary Fisher's best bud right now; my Superfly 29er frame separated during a crash in a race earlier this year and was replaced. I broke a swingarm on my HiFi Carbon last last year and our team are getting our season's race bikes for 2010 and will be getting SuperFly 100 carbon FS bikes. The other bike I mentioned is a purchase I made. Hopefully, three will be the charm. If I may say, it is truly a pleasure to see a John Deere fan who maintains his equipment, enjoys cycling, and has such a nice, neat and functional garage. Thanks.

John

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #33  
Just wondering I have a 2305 w/47" blower. This is my first year for a blower. Do you use high or low range for blowing OR is it just use common sense same as when you plow sometimes I can use High range other times I have to use low range.

Thanks for any info.!!!

I say use your common sense. When there is just a few inch of snow, I can' t see any problem using high range. The blower can take it no problem. Just have to watch if the snow overflow on the side, then you slow down a bit. But if you have receive quite a bit of snow then I would suggest low range.

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #34  
GOBOGIE, there nothing like being proud and showing it with pics and I'm talking about the deere and the bull.;) I can't blame you. Enjoy both of them my friend.:)

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #35  
Sweet looking setup, Turbo.

They are finally showing the new blower on the JD website, but I didn't see anything on pricing.

Can you tell us what the list price is on the 54 inch blower?

Thanks in advance and have fun with the new attachment.

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #36  
Very nice looking set up, You will have fun in the snow.....

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower
noticed that you also have the 54" blade. How easy/difficult is it to switch between the two?

I currently have the 54" blade for my 2320, and was thinking about also getting the new blower.

Sorry for the delay in the answer. It is very easy; just pull a couple of pins , disconnect the driveshaft, unhook the hoses and the chute control and you can hook the plow up. It takes 3-5 minutes at most.

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower
Thanks for the bike PIX. Nice machines, all. I am not Gary Fisher's best bud right now; my Superfly 29er frame separated during a crash in a race earlier this year and was replaced. I broke a swingarm on my HiFi Carbon last last year and our team are getting our season's race bikes for 2010 and will be getting SuperFly 100 carbon FS bikes. The other bike I mentioned is a purchase I made. Hopefully, three will be the charm. If I may say, it is truly a pleasure to see a John Deere fan who maintains his equipment, enjoys cycling, and has such a nice, neat and functional garage. Thanks.

John

Well, thanks for the kind words.
According to my wife I'm just a little fanatic about keepings things clean and organized, probably a symptom of my OCD:rolleyes:.

I really like the new SuperFly 100 and if I hadn't already "broke the bank" with the new bikes I built this year I would have one on order for next year.

Here is a link to a little race I run the first week of November every year I can. Just me and 4,000 of my closes friends! Some years we have nice fall weather, other years wind, rain or as much as 6" of snow!
Iceman Cometh Challenge Bicycle Race

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #39  
I agree with turbo, switching between the blade and blower is very easy. I istall the driveshaft between the mid pto and front axle when I remove the mower deck in the fall, so it a matter of the hydraulic hoses and a few pins.

Both the blade and blower are well matched with the X585.

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #40  
New 54" blower mounted on my 1 year old X749. .
Looks great! have a couple questions..
Do the 749's come with the fenders & arm rests? I thought that was the "SE" option on the 748SE.
Did your blower come with the rear weights?