JD 320 Kawasaki Engine Oil Leak

/ JD 320 Kawasaki Engine Oil Leak #1  

moresnow

Tractor
JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck
So I figured out where the oil is coming from and its not the oil filter. The oil filter is not leaking when running but rather its this sensor or device above the oil filter.

Does anyone know what this is and how difficult it is to replace fix?

SO I gather this is an oil pressure sensor. Is this easy to take out clean the threads and repack? What is the proper way to reinstall.

4378996170_81dd64e699.jpg

Last edited:
   / JD 320 Kawasaki Engine Oil Leak #2  
If your unit has an oil pressure gauge, then this is the sender. However, I doubt you actually have a gauge, so this is probably a pressure switch that closes at some low value to turn on an "idiot" light or perhaps even kill the ignition (in case of loss of oil pressure).

You will need to find the correct replacement, easy to remove/install, use teflon tape on threads or an oil-proof thread sealant.

/ JD 320 Kawasaki Engine Oil Leak
Indeed there is a light. Nothing special. I will find the part and try an install.

Thanks

J

Anyone know a good place to get parts for this Engine? or should i go to the dealership?

Ordered the Part and will receive later this week. I will take photos of the process.

/ JD 320 Kawasaki Engine Oil Leak #7  
update???

i'm trying to trace an oil leak on my 25hp kawasaki

What i did to solve the oil leak was the following

1. Replace Oil Pressure Sensor and use teflon tape. Fixed the problem
2. Replaced OHV gaskets
3. Replaced Oil Filter and made sure it was snug but no too tight
4. Replaced Fuel Filter

After doing all of this I sprayed degreaser everywhere that I could phsyically get to. In addition I took off the heat shield and scrubbed it clean.

Ran the machine for a while after all was clean and fixed and no more leaks