JD x749 purchase

/ JD x749 purchase #1  

Brsmit

Tractor
JD x749
Well I pulled the trigger and went with the x749 aws/awd, 54" deck with powerflow 3bagger unit. Usage: 90% mowing, 10% haul crap and push snow. It was tough decision that came down to the jd2305 vs. x749. I know they really aren't the same machine but the dealer kept pushing me to the 2305. The MF2400 and Kubota 1860 were also in the running but I went green! The final deal was for $12,750.00 x749 w/54" deck, 3 bagger power blow with quick connects. Personally I couldn't see the FEL and versatility outweigh the comfort and maneuverability of the x749 I wanted. To be honest it felt like I was being talked into buying the 2305 over the x series by the sales guys. I think they must have more margins on the 2305? Anyway I had them down to $12,750.00 for each with 54" deck and bagger sys, the only hitch was the 2305 didn't have the FEL and they wanted $2,240.00 for the FEL, pushing the deal too $15,000.00:eek:. Once again I think if they get you in the 2305 (Swiss army knife SCUT) then you would go crazy adding pieces. I started to take the bait. Thanks to my wife for making me be honest to myself by telling me: "Baby get whatever you want and enjoy it!" Well I would love to have a loader but at the cost of maneuverability and ride I can't see it. My yard is hilly and very uneven all over. There are crazy turns and angles that I think a heavy non AWS tractor would eat the lawn. As for the FEL I hear the jd45 can be altered to fit on the aws models, just not sure about the stability; I understand that it needs a slight modification of the mounting bracket that will null the warranty but would be nice to have a loader option. Other option is the Johnny bucket Sr., doesn't have the lifting ability of the 45 but I am not sure I would need to lift anything but gravel, mulch, dirt, and move firewood. I am sure that there have been others in my position and I think under my circumstances I made the right buy. If I was on flat land with a garden I would probably go with the 2350 (I think that is it) one step above the 2305, but all I want and need is a sweet grass chopper:). Comments are welcome!!!

Attachments

• crib.bmp
    801.7 KB · Views: 377
   / JD x749 purchase #2  
Congratulation! There are some on here who would be quick to point out you should have bought something else...as long as you are happy with your choice that is all that matters. :) I would rather have the X749 myself!

/ JD x749 purchase #3  
That is a dang nice mower for sure.:D I prefer a dedicated mower too, after all the work we put into a lawn I don't wan't it messed up.

I would rent a larger unit with loader for the weekend on occasion if I were you, it would be a cheaper in the long run.

/ JD x749 purchase
Thanks guys I am really excited with my new purchase. This site has been a huge help and the experiences of those before me have helped my buying decision! Thanks again!

/ JD x749 purchase #5  
1* It was tough decision that came down to the jd2305 vs. x749.
2*I know they really aren't the same machine but the dealer kept pushing me to the 2305.
3*Personally I couldn't see the FEL and versatility outweighing the comfort and maneuverability of the x749.
4*To be honest it felt like I was being talked into buying the 2305 over the x series by the sales guys.
5*I think they must have more margins on the 2305? Anyway I had them down to $12,750.00 for each with 54" deck and bagger sys,
6*the only hitch was the 2305 didn't have the FEL and they wanted $2,240.00 for the FEL, pushing the deal too $15,000.00.
7*Once again I think if they get you in the 2305 (Swiss army knife SCUT) then you would go crazy adding pieces.
8*Well I would love to have a loader but at the cost of maneuverability and ride I can't see it.
I think a heavy non AWS tractor would eat the lawn .
9*As for the FEL I hear the jd45 can be altered to fit on the aws models, just not sure about the stability;
I understand that it needs a slight modification of the mounting bracket that will null the warranty but would be nice to have a loader option.
10*Other option is the Johnny bucket Sr., doesn't have the lifting ability of the 45.
11* but all I want and need is a sweet grass chopper 12*Comments are welcome!!!
1* It was tough decision that came down to the jd2305 Real tractor vs. a x749 garden tractor .
2*Because he knew from his experence he was suggesting the best route for you to take.
3*you will see it when / if some thing comes up you can't use the X749 for.
4* Probably because they know the JD2305 is the better value for the better price.
5*I doubt that very much .
6*So how much would the x749 cost with a fel?
7*Not really.
8*You will when you want to so something with the x749 that it won't handle.
9*The x 700s don't have much fel lifting ability .
10*The main fault with a Johnny bucket is the low lifting hight which makes it inpossible to dump into a Pick up or trailer etc.
11*If the x749 meets your wants and you are happy with it that's great and congradulations.
12*There you have them .
You didn't say I had to agree with you;):D

/ JD x749 purchase
1* It was tough decision that came down to the jd2305 Real tractor vs. a x749 garden tractor .
2*Because he knew from his experence he was suggesting the best route for you to take.
4* Probably because they know the JD2305 is the better value for the better price.
7*Not really.
10*The main fault with a Johnny bucket is the low lifting hight which makes it inpossible to dump into a Pick up or trailer etc.
11*If the x749 meets your wants and you are happy with it that's great and congradulations.
12*There you have them .

I totally agree 100%, the process was rather interesting to say the least. I was always informed on what I could do with a tractor. You are right I will find things that the x749 will struggle with. However I have learned that you can kill a fly just as easy with a swatter than you can a sledge hammer; and even better my swatter is the top o the line. Thanks for your thoughts!

/ JD x749 purchase #7  
I totally agree 100%, the process was rather interesting to say the least. I was always informed on what I could do with a tractor. You are right I will find things that the x749 will struggle with. However I have learned that you can kill a fly just as easy with a swatter than you can a sledge hammer; and even better my swatter is the top o the line. Thanks for your thoughts!

Please ignore Lbrown's comments, he trolls this forum looking for anyone thinking about an X700 series and then tells them how wrong they are and that his opinion is the best blah, blah, blah. A small cut like the 2305 or the models that Lbrown recommends will cut "OK" but they cannot match the speed and quality of cut of an X749. Yes, the X749 is expensive, but if you can afford it you will never be happier.

First off this just my opinion and I'm not disparaging any one Else's beliefs but I used to have a 2305 and did not like it. For my application it was mediocre in all it's tasks, after a couple of years I got rid of it and went up to a 2520 and never regretted it.

Last night, after blowing the driveway, I came in and told my wife that the X749 is the best tractor I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot of them:D), there is nothing better for my hilly property.

I challenge anyone to find a post on this or any other board where someone was unhappy with their X749.

At my "up north" property I use a lawn service because I can't get there enough to keep it cut properly. This past summer due to my wife's employment situation, I decided to not use them and cut it my self. The X749 was about 10 minutes slower to cut the 2 acres then the lawn service that uses X-Mark 60" zero turns. I think the times would be the same if they couldn't do their pivot turns that tear the grass up.

Why did you pick the 54" deck over the 62"?

/ JD x749 purchase #8  
7*Not really.
12*There you have them .

Just ignore this guy. He very rarely has anything of any value whatsoever to add to a thread. It's all about butting in where he is not wanted and driving up his ridiculous post count....Why hasn't this guy been banned?

Brsmit....Awesome Tractor! Have fun with it:D

/ JD x749 purchase
Please ignore Lbrown's comments, he trolls this forum looking for anyone thinking about an X700 series and then tells them how wrong they are and that his opinion is the best blah, blah, blah. A small cut like the 2305 or the models that Lbrown recommends will cut "OK" but they cannot match the speed and quality of cut of an X749. Yes, the X749 is expensive, but if you can afford it you will never be happier.

First off this just my opinion and I'm not disparaging any one Else's beliefs but I used to have a 2305 and did not like it. For my application it was mediocre in all it's tasks, after a couple of years I got rid of it and went up to a 2520 and never regretted it.

Last night, after blowing the driveway, I came in and told my wife that the X749 is the best tractor I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot of them:D), there is nothing better for my hilly property.

I challenge anyone to find a post on this or any other board where someone was unhappy with their X749.

At my "up north" property I use a lawn service because I can't get there enough to keep it cut properly. This past summer due to my wife's employment situation, I decided to not use them and cut it my self. The X749 was about 10 minutes slower to cut the 2 acres then the lawn service that uses X-Mark 60" zero turns. I think the times would be the same if they couldn't do their pivot turns that tear the grass up.

Why did you pick the 54" deck over the 62"?

My barn has 64" wide doors, so I had to go with the 54", wanted the 60" 7 iron but will not work on AWS. The guy commenting on the 2305 is probably a John Deere salesman, LOL!

/ JD x749 purchase #10  
Congrats on your purchase!!! Now you are going to be marking off the days until grass season!!!

I mow with a JD2210 which is the predecessor of the JD2305. I'm not at all familiar with an X749 so don't have first hand knowledge of machine size difference or capabilities.

There are comfort features missing on the 2210/2305 in my opinion. I would never say it's the Cadillac of mowers. It does a good job of mowing and is more efficient than I give it credit for. Best part is after mowing my 3.5 acres it looks at me like "Is that it"? And best of all it can tackle tractor jobs way beyond it's small size. Since I am demanding of my tractors I like that part of it. 3pt will lift more than the chassis can balance. Will pull and/or push loads beyond it's weight. Very strong chassis that will last a long time.

As previously stated, I can't verify that with the X series. I'm guessing they are more a lawn/garden tractor?? So if that's the limit of your "to do" list I'd say you made the correct choice.

I think the point LB was trying to make was if your list grows, your tractor won't have the capacity to handle it.

Again, congrats on the purchase and I hope it gives you decades of great service. :)