JD LA135SE vs. JD X300

/ JD LA135SE vs. JD X300 #1  

Dean FZ35

LA135SE Warranty 120 Hours or 24 Months. MSRP $1,899. Street price $1899.
X300 Warranty 300 Hours or 48 Months. MSRP $2,999. Street price $2,899.

In the case of 135SE, what would an extended warranty that equals X300 standard warranty, add to the $1,900 cost?

Today, i viewed the two machines side-by-side. The X300 is like twice the machine. It's an understatement to say they are in different category.

I can't justify the X300 but if JD finance were to announce 24 months financing at 0%, vs 12 for the 100 Series, it would almost be unreasonable not to go for the commercial grade machine.

Anyone else decide between these two machines?

/ JD LA135SE vs. JD X300 #2  
You have to consider your terrain and how hard you are on the mower. My property could destroy a 100 series in less than one season so I don't need it for $189 or $1899.

At the same time, even if the 100 were to last me, I like well built things and would prefer to be out an extra grand and be more happy with my purchase.

BUT, if the 100 were suited to my property and I didn't have $1K, or had more important things to spend it on, and I wasn't into tractors, I would buy the cheaper one without thinking twice about it.

Hope that helps. :)

/ JD LA135SE vs. JD X300
Good point. I actually did buy a low end machine at Sam's Club a few years ago. It lasted half-way through the 2nd season. Since then the acreage has been divided between the brush cutter and a walk-behind. On slopes the brush cutter either misses the grass, or scalps the ground. A finish mower for the tractor runs over 2 grand. That's not a solution for the sort or nice areas. Going to see what finance options the man at the Green Store has to offer.

/ JD LA135SE vs. JD X300 #4  
How much area do you have to mow? How rough is it? When we bought our house w/3.5 acres last year, the previous owners left the JD L140 48" mower. After the 2nd mowing, I sold it before it fell apart. I was looking at the X500 line, then discovered Kubota had some great financing deals. I ended up with a 54" GR2110. Not cheap, but with the 21HP 3 cyl diesel, and the way it's built, I'm hoping not to have to replace it unless I decide to go with something bigger... ie 3pt. Plus the diesel sips the fuel...

/ JD LA135SE vs. JD X300 #5  
How much area do you have to mow? How rough is it? When we bought our house w/3.5 acres last year, the previous owners left the JD L140 48" mower. After the 2nd mowing, I sold it before it fell apart. I was looking at the X500 line, then discovered Kubota had some great financing deals.* I ended up with a 54" GR2110. Not cheap, but with the 21HP 3 cyl diesel, and the way it's built, I'm hoping not to have to replace it unless I decide to go with something bigger... ie 3pt. Plus the diesel sips the fuel...
A BX1500 1850 or 1860 new or used could have been as good or better also.

/ JD LA135SE vs. JD X300
Well, lately I've gotten this thing about spending my USA money on the few things still made here by companies based here, instead of sending the profit to the East. I've looked at Ariens and some it's brands and have owned Snapper and Gravely (a long time ago). Gravely is now one of Ariens brands. While my tractor is a Kioti, it has a lot of USA parts including the FEL, tires, wheels, other implements, and sun shade. While shopping for a compact tractor about 9 years ago, there already were none built in USA, including JD. Hopefully that will change and someone like JD will again produce a compact tractor here.