X500 - Protect from theft

/ X500 - Protect from theft #1  

al.4781

Tractor
John Deere x500
Hello Folks,

I have an X500. I need some advice. My family and I will be going on a 7 day holiday out of town. There have been some thefts in our area and I just want to make sure that if these theives decide to hit our place, I can make it as difficult as possible for them to steal my X500 and other equipment. Specifically on the X500, besides removing the battery, what else should I do to make it immobile.

I also have a walk-behind snow thrower, any suggestions? :(

Thank you.

al.4781

/ X500 - Protect from theft #2  
Maybe remove a rear wheel so they cant roll it anywhere.
chain it to a tree.
remove battery
put up signs saying "you are on camera"

/ X500 - Protect from theft #3  
Hello Folks,

I have an X500. I need some advice. My family and I will be going on a 7 day holiday out of town. There have been some thefts in our area and I just want to make sure that if these theives decide to hit our place, I can make it as difficult as possible for them to steal my X500 and other equipment. Specifically on the X500, besides removing the battery, what else should I do to make it immobile.

Thank you.

al.4781

Paint it Mahindra red!

... I just couldn't resist! :D

/ X500 - Protect from theft #5  
Have it on your insurance policy, lock the door, and relax. :)

I assume it is kept inside.

/ X500 - Protect from theft #6  
Hello Folks,

Thank you.

al.4781

1) Tell neighbors to keep a watch.
2) Keep your valuables stored out of sight preferably in a locked building.
3) Block access to your property/driveway.
4) If you are really worried, make your wheeled items harder to move by putting them on jack stands (and then hide your hydraulic jack).

Thieves typically want to drive in, break in, load up and go. Make the drive in harder, the break in harder, the load up harder, and they will go... right by your home to somewhere easier. :thumbsup:

/ X500 - Protect from theft #7  
Put a sign in the window.

I belong to the NRA.
My neighbor believes in gun control.

/ X500 - Protect from theft #8  
I agree removing tire also write down serial numbers plus take pictures...game cam non flash great idea..contact local PD.

/ X500 - Protect from theft #9  
for starters i wouldn't advertise that you are going on vacation on the internet. Yes there are a bunch of great members on this site but there are also a bunch of unknown visitors. Also don't list your vacation on facebook or myspace. There was a house that was broken into last year from someone who told all his friends on face book the would be going to the beach for the weekend came home and found he had been robbed.

other than that what others have said, out of site out of mind, keep up your homeowner inc., talk to the neighbors and have them keep an eye on your property. My neighbor across the street has his dad move his cars around when he is out of town to make it look like someone is home, thought that was pretty smart.
good luck

/ X500 - Protect from theft #10  
to be 100% safe, just take the mower with you on vacation! :thumbsup: