Snow thrower compatibility

/ Snow thrower compatibility #1  

jeepcoma

Bronze Member
Tractor
Grillo G110 Diesel, JD 2025R
Does anyone know if there's a way to figure out if a snow thrower will attach to my LX178, without actually physically trying it? It's been hard finding solid information, but as near as I can tell the critical piece of information is the frame the unit was designed to attach to... which is apparently independent of the actual model number?

I've found a 38" throw off a GT275, model number M02462X, and for the life of me can't find a manual or interchange list or something that makes me 100% confident this will fit my LX. It's a bit pricey and a bit far away so I'm not so enthused about just buying it as an experiment to see what happens.

Is my LX even powerful enough to throw snow? I've been getting by with a small Snapper push snowblower, it's good for the light stuff but anything more serious and it's just not up to the job. I figure a 15 hp tractor had better be able to handle the more serious stuff; I don't have a huge driveway but wet heavy snow and large banks at the end from street plows are pretty common.

/ Snow thrower compatibility #2  
Its likely a frame issue. The GT series is a "Garden Tractor", versus your LX being a "strong mower".

/ Snow thrower compatibility #3  
Don't know if you've figured this one out yet or not (surely you have already for the ton of snow you've already gotten)

Near as I can tell you need this kit that is listed on ebay under item #160539806987

This is prolly futile at this point but anyway there it is. Hope you are staying warm, with all your snow.