Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Default Rubber tire chains

I have a GX345 which I am purchasing a front mounted snow blower for. I was looking on line for tire chains and I came across Rubber tire chains. Has anyone ever used these, and if so, are they as good as chain link? I am using it on a blacktop driveway. I do like the idea of the rubber not marking or doing any damage to the blacktop, but do they work is my question? Thanks
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 186D

Default Re: Rubber tire chains

I have a 425 AWS. I use rubber chains for snow blowing . They work great. I don't really need them for my driveway because it is flat but some of my neighbors driveways are steep and twisting. Without the rubber chains I would be out of luck. I have used them for 3 winters and they still look new. They do give you a bumpy ride but I mainly notice it when I'm driving down the road. They are a little easier than steel chains to put on. No marks on the driveways. There is nothing like helping the neighbors clear 18" of snow from the driveway to make friends.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pennwalk View Post
    I have a 425 AWS. I use rubber chains for snow blowing . They work great. I don't really need them for my driveway because it is flat but some of my neighbors driveways are steep and twisting. Without the rubber chains I would be out of luck. I have used them for 3 winters and they still look new. They do give you a bumpy ride but I mainly notice it when I'm driving down the road. They are a little easier than steel chains to put on. No marks on the driveways. There is nothing like helping the neighbors clear 18" of snow from the driveway to make friends.

Chris
    Not to hi-jack the original thread, but do you have to use the wheel spacers on the AWS with the rubber chains? How much weight on the back end? Thanks for any info.

Wayne

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 186D

Yes it needs the wheel spacers. I think the rack holds 6 - 40# weights. I also have the cast iron wheel weights but I can't remember what they weigh.

Chris