X530

/ X530 #1  

rfowler

Tractor
john deere x530
Hi all, I'm new to this site. Just got a new Deere X530. We are having a long hot, dry spell here in eastern Pa. and the grass is all dried up so it has been sitting in the garage. I am considering a Johnny Bucket/plow so I can maintain my stone driveway. Does anyone have any experience with one of these on a tractor of this size? How does it work and how hard/easy is installation/removal? Since there is no grass to cut and I can only look at my new unit I decided to make the reflectors into tail lights (something Deere should have done for the price). It cost me less than 25 bucks including the lights and wire so it would have cost Deere about 5 bucks to do it. I guess 6k doesn't get you much anymore. Here are some pics. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks, Rick. john deere taillights 001.jpg

john deere taillights 006.jpg

john deere taillights 013.jpg

john deere taillights 014.jpg

Last edited:
   / X530 #2  
:welcome:
Deere let you enjoy the fabrication of adding lights. Why would they want to take that thrill away from you by installing them at the factory??

Now you can add back-up lights too. :)

The X530 should give you some great fun (when the grass grows). Around here, it hasn't stopped the "mow at least once a week" growth all summer.

/ X530
I suppose you're right. I probably have the only X530 with built in tail lights in existance. I have used this tractor twice and I must say that it is everything I expected and more. Great cut, very smooth and quiet. I hope it is capable of plowing snow. I plan on using the suitcase weights. It has a locking diff. and HDAP tires. Thanks for the reply.

/ X530 #4  
Been mowing 2-3 times per week since May around here. Hopefully picking up my X530 tomorrow. I bet I get 30 hours on it before the 1st snow flies and I hope it plows good as I ordered a blade too.We have had above avg snowfall the last 2 years and this year so far is no different than the last two years.

/ X530
I was cutting grass twice aweek until I bought this unit and then the grass stopped growing. Makes me feel like I threw 6k away. It's o.k. cause I know that will change. What are you going to use for a blade and will you report on how it works? Thanks for the reply. I hope you agree with me that this unit is awesome! It is everything I hoped it would be and more! Smooth, quiet and nice cut. Did you see my tail light setup? That's what happens when you have a new tractor and no work to do with it. Rick.

/ X530 #6  
The lights look good. I'm looking foward to the 530, I am returning a 500 on the deere promise. I have a lot of tight manuvering and the manual steering while not bad just didn't cut it for me. I ordered the 48" deere blade with rotation kit as well as chains, winter grill cover and the adapter to reuse the dethatcher off my old LX280 I traded in. I really liked the 500 in all other aspects except the foot lift was to long for my short legs.

/ X530 #7  
Nice tractor, nice garage, and if the life-size cardboard girl in the bikini were real...it would be perfect.

/ X530
Woody, you will love the power steering and hydraulic lift. I did not get the Deere plow cause it does not have springs to allow the plow to tilt forward if you hit something nor is it power angle. Have you seen the Johnny plow jr? It looks like a nice unit. Rick.

/ X530
Thanks for the compliment. If the cardboard girl were real the wife wouldn't let me keep her.

/ X530 #10  
The lights look good. You'll enjoy the power steering and hydraulic lift--they'll spoil you though. You'll never be able to buy a mower without these features again.