Dad's still working on mowers

/ Dad's still working on mowers #1  

om21braz

Veteran Member
Bought my dad a nice low hour/really nice JD 325 to replace an old Cub which he worked on about as much as used. I did all preventative maint. to it, new blades, new belt, etc., tested it out and thought he'd be mowing a season or two before any repairs above typical stuff. I went by to see him yesterday. He's got it up on jacks - bolt holding pump drive pulley and PTO broke off in crank. He's about got it back together, little complaining about to much stress on bolt for size, too light duty of a mower, stuff's not made like it used to be. So much for best laid plans. Maybe I should have got him an X series - but I expect they break occassionally too.

/ Dad's still working on mowers #2  
Bought my dad a nice low hour/really nice JD 325 to replace an old Cub which he worked on about as much as used. I did all preventative maint. to it, new blades, new belt, etc., tested it out and thought he'd be mowing a season or two before any repairs above typical stuff. I went by to see him yesterday. He's got it up on jacks - bolt holding pump drive pulley and PTO broke off in crank. He's about got it back together, little complaining about to much stress on bolt for size, too light duty of a mower, stuff's not made like it used to be. So much for best laid plans. Maybe I should have got him an X series - but I expect they break occassionally too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good for you.

You may never appreciate how much dad enjoys that tractor and you dropping by until you get to his age. I'm there, I know.