100 Series snow blower

/ 100 Series snow blower #1  

jenkinsph

Super Star Member
Tractor
Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130
I have an L130 mower that a friend of mine is interested in buying from me. He may need to add the snowblower to thhis for clearing his level driveway. Does anyone here have one of these 44" blowers and does it work well enough? I am not expecting it to compete with the larger models by the way.

His places is near Durango, CO. and the driveway is level and about 400 ft in length.

/ 100 Series snow blower #2  
My brother has a 100 series JD, and has used the snowblower for the past couple of years here in NH. He said if he were doing it again he sure would look for something large enough to have a differential lock, but it has kept his drive which has a slight slope clear for him.

/ 100 Series snow blower #3  
Thats alot of driveway to expect a 100 series to hold up to. It might do it for a little while, but they really were not designed to be long lasting machines, they were designed to be cheap units to compete with the other cheap units on the market, so you can't expect alot out of it.

I'm sure it would handle the job, but for how long is the question.

/ 100 Series snow blower #4  
I agree, I didn't see the 400' part the first time I read the post. My brother's drive is about 70' long with a small turn around area.