GX345 snow blower

/ GX345 snow blower #1  

Carl Bert

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, John deere X595
I just bought a used 42" JD snowblower for my GX345. I called my dealer to make sure it would fit. They said it would with a front lift implement kit. Ok I ordered that. But I just can seem to figure out how this blower is going to mount to my tractor. Does anyone out there have this setup? If so can you post some pics or do your best to explain how this hooks up. The only thing I can think of is that I am missing some parts, but without the manual, I don't know for sure whats missing. Thanks

1001101259.jpg

0731001533.jpg

/ GX345 snow blower #2  
depending on what that snowthrower came off of, you may
also need the attaching parts kit. here are pictures of
the attaching parts kit, and the lift kit, from there you
should get a better idea of how it all mounts up. one of
those kits comes with instructions for the blower if I remember
correctly.

Attachments

• attach.JPG
    attach.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 9,044
  • lift.JPG
    lift.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 5,718
   / GX345 snow blower #3  
Your tractor may or may not have a front rockshaft which is where the lift pins for the snowblower attach. I traded a 335 gas for a 355 diesel and there was no front rockshaft on the 355 so I had to order and install it. It sits about a foot behind the front wheels up against the frame.

Basically the rear mounts attach solidily to the frame. The front is held side-to-side (no sway) by a trackbar that runs from the blower to the front frame (remove the center section). The two lift links attach to the front rockshaft. Other than the crank for the auger angle, that's all that attaches.

/ GX345 snow blower
depending on what that snowthrower came off of, you may
also need the attaching parts kit. here are pictures of
the attaching parts kit, and the lift kit, from there you
should get a better idea of how it all mounts up. one of
those kits comes with instructions for the blower if I remember
correctly.

It came off of an older 345. I have all of the parts shown in the first pic and I'm waiting for the lift kit. Hopefully the instructions for the lift kit will give me a better idea of how things get attached. Thanks

/ GX345 snow blower
Your tractor may or may not have a front rockshaft which is where the lift pins for the snowblower attach. I traded a 335 gas for a 355 diesel and there was no front rockshaft on the 355 so I had to order and install it. It sits about a foot behind the front wheels up against the frame.

Basically the rear mounts attach solidily to the frame. The front is held side-to-side (no sway) by a trackbar that runs from the blower to the front frame (remove the center section). The two lift links attach to the front rockshaft. Other than the crank for the auger angle, that's all that attaches.

I don't know what that is, so I can't say whether I have it or not. My dealer didn't mention anything about a front rockshaft, but I will ask. Is that what its actually called, a "rockshaft" or is that just a descriptive term? Is it something that would be listed with the snow blower or with the tractor parts breakdown?

/ GX345 snow blower #6  
It's actually called a front implement lift kit, my bad. It is a horitontal shaft that is parallel and about 18" ahead of the shaft that lifts the mower deck, and connected by a link., I got this from the JD configurator site to add a 42" snowthrower to a GX series tractor:

Front implement lift kit

Same kit will work with 48-in. front blade or 42-in. snow thrower.
Kit may remain on tractor when using mower and other implements.

Code 1003
Bundle BM20781
Description Front implement lift kit (GX325, GX335, GX345, GX355)

You should go to deere.com, pick residential product, pick riding mower, pick build your own, then select "attachments" then pick 42 In. Snow Blower (For LX, GT, GX ). This will list the item above and other items you need to mount it on your tractor.

/ GX345 snow blower
It's actually called a front implement lift kit, my bad. It is a horitontal shaft that is parallel and about 18" ahead of the shaft that lifts the mower deck, and connected by a link., I got this from the JD configurator site to add a 42" snowthrower to a GX series tractor:

Front implement lift kit

Same kit will work with 48-in. front blade or 42-in. snow thrower.
Kit may remain on tractor when using mower and other implements.

Code 1003
Bundle BM20781
Description Front implement lift kit (GX325, GX335, GX345, GX355)

You should go to deere.com, pick residential product, pick riding mower, pick build your own, then select "attachments" then pick 42 In. Snow Blower (For LX, GT, GX ). This will list the item above and other items you need to mount it on your tractor.

Great, thats the one that I have on order. I am hoping once I get the blower under the machine it will all start to make sense to me. Thanks

/ GX345 snow blower #8  
Great, thats the one that I have on order. I am hoping once I get the blower under the machine it will all start to make sense to me. Thanks

Once you get the front lift kit installed and slide the blower under the tractor it will all come together. It takes me less than 10 minutes. And once you learn about what speed to run tractor. These blower need to be full of snow to really shine.

/ GX345 snow blower #9  
I have one of them for my 325. It works great and goes on and off very quickly. I run mine with wheel weights and four 42lb suitcase weichts on the back. enjoy your new thrower.

/ GX345 snow blower #10  
The single stage snow blower is called a snowthrower the two stage snow blower is called a snowblower. Sometimes that can cause confusion especially if you are dealing with one of the slower parts guys. Even though the manuals are expensive they can be very helpful. It's amazing how many times I refer to mine. I thought it would be a one time thing.

Chris