Powerflow for leaf collection

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
How well does a powerflow work for collecting leaves? I'm still trying to locate a used powerflow for my tractor, but now that leaves are falling, I wondered if they worked good for leaf collection.

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #2  
I used one for several years and it worked well. Bags fill up fast though.

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #3  
Always looking for better way to deal with leaves. Never heard of powerflow and couldn't find it. Anyone have a link? Thank You, Aaron

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #4  
I use the powerflo on a 48" deck and a 54" deck to get the leaves up. It works well. It makes a difference which blades I use. The gator blades that I use most of the year kick leaves out the right front of the deck. It is too bad they blow leaves out because they chop the leaves much finer. There are anti blow out plates that attach to the bottom edges of my decks. When the leaf fall gets heavy I switch from the bagger to MC519 cart and a JRCO cartbagger. They are great when there are a lot of leaves but they are sort of a pain to maneuver in tight places. I wish I had done something to protect the bottom of the blower from wear. I am starting to get some holes and the new housing is $150. I'm using good old duct tape for now and thinking about some of that glue they use on plastic kayaks. I had to replace the spring loaded pivot arm that the rear idler pulley mounts to again this year and the idler pulley. I have replaced the fan bearings. The oldest blower has been in service since 95. I have about 1000 hours on that mower. I have started mulching most of the year instead of bagging as we used to do. Saves a lot of time but I think the lawn looks better when I bag.

Chris

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #5  
Last edited:
   / Powerflow for leaf collection #6  
Thanks wdchyd, thought maybe it was something for a compact tractor. I was at Hooksett some years back when I drove tractor trailer for a while. All I remember is a cold rainy day and being up on a hill that was nothing but sand and a cold storage. I was hauling frozen chicken. Wish it had been nicer weather, was the only time I have been in NH. Aaron

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #7  
Aaron,

I know exactly where you were, Poultry Products of NE, or as I call it Chicken Delight...

A saying up here is "If you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes".....:laughing:

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #8  
I was curious too as this past weekend I spent some of my hunting time to clean up leaves instead...:eek:

I was contemplating making up something to hang on the back (using PTO)to suck up yard waste.....ended up just using the lawnmower w/bagger....:laughing:

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #9  
After using a pull-behind sweeper for a few years I upgraded to the JD MCS this summer and have been thrilled with its performance. I have primarily conifers (white pine) in my yard with a few deciduous species. The bagger does a great job and picks it all up. Like others have said, even though its three bags it can fill up quickly. I went over some fairly deep areas I thought for certain would take multiple passes and cleaned them up on just one pass. I love that I don't lose the convenience of the HST by not being limited in backing up when mowing like you might find with a different system. I've read others complaints about the MCS and haven't found them true. I might just mow more frequently, or slowly, but haven't had any problems with clogging. It was pricer than I would have liked, but in my opinion it has been well worth the investment.

Has anyone found a front-mounted thatcher so I can combine everything in one pass? I see JD makes one for the x series, but a local dealer couldn't find anything for the 2210.

/ Powerflow for leaf collection #10  
Brack,about the front mounted thatcher. See if you can see one somewhere and take a look at the parts diagrams on JD parts. They are pretty simple with a lot of adjustment. It looks to me as if you could adapt one to anything. Around here I see them at auctions pretty cheap. I have one that I have been thinking about putting on my 425. My dealer said he had seen one mounted to the quick hitch which used the hydraulics to lift it.

Chris