LX277 reverse safety switch

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #1  

Tlucch

Tractor
2011 John Deere X534
Does anyone know a good way go override or bypass the the reverse safety switch on an LX277? This model requires you to lift up on the PTO switch before beginning any reverse mowing otherwise it disengages. EXTREMELY annoying!

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #2  
Not a topic of discussion on TBN.

Sounds like you know that you can release the knob once moving in reverse (some folks think you have to hold it the whole time). Sounds like this LX277 is new to you...you might want to try giving it a little time. Most of us use RIO and find it easy to adapt to.

/ LX277 reverse safety switch
Yes I know it can be released which is nice but still annoying. I use this tractor to maintain my property at work and have had it since new with over 250 hours logged so your right, you do adapt. You never like it though, especially having one of the newer set it and forget it systems on my cub at home. Only problem is the rest of the tractor is rubbish so I'm going to trade machines since home is a much larger job and the cub isn't up to it. In my opinion both systems do nothing to address the danger, both allow the manufacturer to say they do, but only the John Deere requires me to perform an unrelated task all 378 times I touch my reverse pedal. I understand if this can't be discussed on the forum for liability reasons, my apologies.

PS - my email address is tlucch@gmail.com

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #4  
I forget, but I followed the linkages under mine and found a switch. I bypassed the switch, so it never recognized when I put it in reverse. :thumbsup:

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #5  
If the switch fails an emergency patch can be made with a simple jumper. The switch is located under the gas tank on the right side (facing the rear of the tractor). There is a cable running to the switch and it feeds from the left side. Reach in from on the left and feel around for the connect (below the opening) and unplug it. Use two male disconnects (one on each end of a 3 inch wire) then push them down into the female connector. One end goes into one side of the connector the other goes into the remaining socket. This will temporarily bypass the failed safety switch until it can be replaced. Replacing the switch will be a chore since it's riveted in place.

Male disconnects look like this Red 22-16 AWG .187 Male Disconnects | 28-6017 (286017) | Distributed By MCM

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #6  
Yeah just make sure you get that new switch on order pronto and tag the mower out of service while you wait for the parts. Hate to have the Rio police dept. come after you.:laughing:

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #7  
Jumper the dam Lawyer Switch, that's what I did with my L-130. The he!! with the RIO Nazi's.

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #8  
Jumper the dam Lawyer Switch, that's what I did with my L-130. The he!! with the RIO Nazi's.

i use a clothespin..very simple!!

/ LX277 reverse safety switch #9