x728 quick hitch trunk

/ x728 quick hitch trunk #1  

commok

I have an x728 and when working in the yard, would like to have something to carry tools, chains, chain saw, etc.. I have seen things like a trunk, but I have not ID'd anything that would work on the quick hitch I have for attaching the powerflow bagger. Is there an attachemnt I can use with the quick hitch that would allow me to carry stuff around when I remove the bagger - especially something that attaches to the quick hitch? Thanks folks.

/ x728 quick hitch trunk #2  
What about the rear bucket option?
Do they make it for the 700 series?

/ x728 quick hitch trunk #3  
I made one some years back using 3/4" marine plywood. It set on there like the suitcase weights. Worked good. I don't have it any more or I'd take a picture. But, I just used the suitcase weight design as a model and it worked great.

/ x728 quick hitch trunk #4  
There was a 3 cu ft tractor trunk for the Click-n-Go
brackets that you use to mount the bagger.
I don't think it's current production, but you may be able
to find one or have your dealer get it thru parts.

here are the mounting notes from the old sales manual:

Requirements and/or recommendations:
BM20874 3 cu. ft. Tractor Trunk is compatible with X Series and 425-455 Tractors. Mounting bundles or parts are required as
follows:
X465, X475, X485, X495, X575, X585, and X595 require BM20714 Click-N-Go System or (2) AM127399 Support Link,
(2) M131215 Attaching Plate, and (2) A15147 Spring Pins. For tractors with 3-point hitch installed, the turnbuckle and
lower arms must be removed with either mounting system.

here's a pic:

Attachments

• trunk.JPG
    trunk.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,532
   / x728 quick hitch trunk #5  
I have the "Tractor Trunk" as Dutch described. It's handy at times, though I haven't used it much since I got the MC-519. The little trailer for the MC-519 holds a lot more and follows the tractor like a puppy dog. If you can find the mounting kit for your tractor that Dutch mentioned, I might be willing to part with the Tractor Trunk.

/ x728 quick hitch trunk #6  
here's all i can find for a parts breakdown,
maybe it will help figure out if it can be
made to work:

Attachments

• trunk parts.pdf
    28.2 KB · Views: 434