Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Elite Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    Steve,

    You got me there... I don't know if the grass chute housing would clear the top of the trans-axle. D@mn!

    That would be a real pickle..

    AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

  2. #12
    Bronze Member RBLapham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    74
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    John Deere X300

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    Checked with TuffTorque. A new K46 costs just under $500 + shipping, replacement is 4 bolts and 3 clips. Or rebuild parts around $200 and fairly easy for a do it yourselfer. If mine lasts 300 hours that's 10 years! So I bought the X300 instead of a X320. Never considered the LA100 series as I wanted a tractor that was well built and that could be repaired year after year. Again buy what you need, I'm a light user.
    I don't know why they call the K46 disposable as they sell rebuild kits and parts for them (not through John deere though).

  3. #13
    Elite Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by RBLapham View Post
    Checked with TuffTorque. A new K46 costs just under $500 + shipping, replacement is 4 bolts and 3 clips. Or rebuild parts around $200 and fairly easy for a do it yourselfer. If mine lasts 300 hours that's 10 years! So I bought the X300 instead of a X320. Never considered the LA100 series as I wanted a tractor that was well built and that could be repaired year after year. Again buy what you need, I'm a light user.
    I don't know why they call the K46 disposable as they sell rebuild kits and parts for them (not through John deere though).
    Really...!! For that price - I'd buy a new tranny AND the rebuild parts! Replace the unit and rebuild the old tranny and set it on the shelf for a spare.

    AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

  4. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    X300 is 10/10 best value for money and tough as nails.GO FOR IT!

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Location
    Dundee ny
    Tractor
    x300 johndeere

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    Ihave a x300 john deere mower deck will not ingage had to unhook 1 coil wire for tractor to start deck will start if i use jump wire does this mean pto switch is broke?

  6. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Location
    mendon,il
    Tractor
    john deere x300

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    John deere D100 Vs X300 Lawn Tractors

    On the showroom floor there does not appear to be a whole lot different between the John Deere D100 Series model riding mowers and the X300 Select Series models. So why does the X300 Series have twice the warranty?

    Heavier and More Durable Frame



    The X300 Select Series frame is a solid one piece frame weighing in at nearly 100 lbs and the D100 Series frame is a two piece welded frame weight in at a little over 50 lbs.


    This X300 Select Series frame is also thicker to make it more rigid to hold up for years of use and the added weight improves traction and better attachment performance.




    Larger Transmission For Increased Productivity



    The X300 Select Series transmission provides 165 lb-ft of torque and the D100 series models product 126 lb-ft of torque which is about 25% increase.

    This increase in torque allows the X300 lawn tractor to climb hills better, tow more weight, and push more snow. The X304 model also features all wheel steering for tighter turning in and around obstacles for faster mower times.

    Engineered For Comfort and Convenience




    The X300 Select Series models feature a higher back seats with more suspension travel, foot operated deck lift rather than hand lift, standard cruise control and electric PTO engagement.

    These features keep the operator more comfortable during their time mowing and reducing fatigue from lifting deck and other front attachments by hand.


    Twice the Warranty

    The X300 Select Series lawn tractors also come with a 4 year / 300 hour warranty vs the 2 year / 120 hour warranty on D100 Series mowers.

    This increased warranty shows John Deere has more confidence in their Select Series line-up and with quality and performance upgrades they are sure to last the test of time!

  7. #17
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,840
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by dleebold View Post
    John deere D100 Vs X300 Lawn Tractors

    On the showroom floor there does not appear to be a whole lot different between the John Deere D100 Series model riding mowers and the X300 Select Series models. So why does the X300 Series have twice the warranty?

    Heavier and More Durable Frame



    The X300 Select Series frame is a solid one piece frame weighing in at nearly 100 lbs and the D100 Series frame is a two piece welded frame weight in at a little over 50 lbs.


    This X300 Select Series frame is also thicker to make it more rigid to hold up for years of use and the added weight improves traction and better attachment performance.




    Larger Transmission For Increased Productivity



    The X300 Select Series transmission provides 165 lb-ft of torque and the D100 series models product 126 lb-ft of torque which is about 25% increase.

    This increase in torque allows the X300 lawn tractor to climb hills better, tow more weight, and push more snow. The X304 model also features all wheel steering for tighter turning in and around obstacles for faster mower times.

    Engineered For Comfort and Convenience




    The X300 Select Series models feature a higher back seats with more suspension travel, foot operated deck lift rather than hand lift, standard cruise control and electric PTO engagement.

    These features keep the operator more comfortable during their time mowing and reducing fatigue from lifting deck and other front attachments by hand.


    Twice the Warranty

    The X300 Select Series lawn tractors also come with a 4 year / 300 hour warranty vs the 2 year / 120 hour warranty on D100 Series mowers.

    This increased warranty shows John Deere has more confidence in their Select Series line-up and with quality and performance upgrades they are sure to last the test of time!
    The transmission is junk.
    Murph ------------

  8. #18
    Silver Member daveshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    212
    Location
    Southern CA
    Tractor
    B2320, X300

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    I got a well-used X300 along with the house and 2.5 acres in '09. Never have a problem, other than battery, and didn't know I was supposed to worry about it, until this thread. Now the tranny will go out for sure.

    It's been a good machine but the mower bogged down when the pasture got chest high in spring, so I bought the kubota to power through it. I use the X300 around the house, and the B2320 for everything else. I actually also used the X300 to drag some weighted chain link around for leveling and overseeding and sometimes pull a little garden wagon around.

    I don't know how long the former owner had it, but I am at 3.5 years. I wonder how much longer my junk transmission has left?
    B2320, FEL, box scraper, KK rear rotary mower, JD X300 mower

  9. #19
    BBO
    BBO is offline
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    187
    Location
    N. GA
    Tractor
    LX188/445/755

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    The local dealer here will not stock the mowers that Home Depot sell. They will special order them.

    I have worked on some of these cheaper units, especially the Cub Cadet and they are really built cheap.
    It's clear JD designed these to compete with all the cheap home owner brands.

    If you work on these cheap ones, taking them apart etc. you will see what the real difference(s) is. Cheap bearings, thin metal, borderline adequate design that is so reminiscent of the old Murray I had.
    For folks that do not maintain their mowers and simply trade them in 5 or 6 years, the $2000 mowers may be the way to go.
    But if you use one (with attachments especially) hard and don't care to take care of it the $4000 machines can last 15-25 years.

    I actually hate to see someone get a $4000 mower and never change the oil, and it happens all the time.

  10. #20
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,840
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: X300 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by daveshoot View Post
    I got a well-used X300 along with the house and 2.5 acres in '09. Never have a problem, other than battery, and didn't know I was supposed to worry about it, until this thread. Now the tranny will go out for sure.

    It's been a good machine but the mower bogged down when the pasture got chest high in spring, so I bought the kubota to power through it. I use the X300 around the house, and the B2320 for everything else. I actually also used the X300 to drag some weighted chain link around for leveling and overseeding and sometimes pull a little garden wagon around.

    I don't know how long the former owner had it, but I am at 3.5 years. I wonder how much longer my junk transmission has left?
    the k-46 craps out around 200 hours or so ymmv
    Murph ------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ford 1710 new owner with several questions
    By asylum in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
  2. Hydro leak- Questions
    By RadarTech in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
  3. Questions before my M6040 Purchase
    By air19 in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
  4. Tractor Questions
    By SKOALMAN in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 06:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.