What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
I've a buddy that gets all excited about those mowers, He loves the Kawasaki engine. There extinct around here, so what model of walk behind replaced them. I'm needing a trimming mower for my place. Just sent a 20" craftsman to the scrap yard. What should I get now that's considered durable. bjr

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #2  
Not sure about direct replacement for the 14SB, but I bought a JX75 w/ 6hp Kawasaki which was/is supposed to be a top line mower. It's not terrible, but I wish I would have found a dealer with a Toro commercial w/ the two-stroke Suzuki to replace a older Toro. The Deere is not the mower the old Toro was. I could have bought 2 upper-line Home-Depot Toros' for what I gave for the Deere.

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #3  
   / What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #5  
I think Deere does make a commercial model but the price is over a grand:ashamed:
1200 and then some.
The Honda I bought a year ago has a 6 year warranty.
That shows me Honda is very confident of their mowers.

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind
Time for a quick update, being the tightwad that I am. I picked up a 14PB at the scrape yard (located about a block from where I work). They called it dirty aluminum and charge me $25. The engine is a Kawasaki FC150VB 54116. I don't know what the PB stands for. Can anyone tell me what I bought? No self propelled? The engine turns over and look fairly clean. The handle where in connects to the mower body is egged out and the bolts are just flopping in the air. I thought I'd come up with a bolt on the body bracket of my own to hang the handle pivot on. bjr

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #7  
What should I get now that's considered durable.
If I would of known you were just going to get some junk at a junk yard, I wouldn't of wasted my time typing.

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind
Scrap yards are my new equipment show rooms and hopefully they'll be aftermarket parts available, OEM parts are usually outta my budget. U guessed it, I'm poor hillbilly livin' way beyond my means financially, so, scrap yard mowers are all I can get. bjr

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #9  
I've a 14SB that I bought about 3 years ago at an estate sale. It was in mint condition. Getting on OHV adjustment right was a bugger. Caused it to cut out when hot. Still like it, but I like my 10323 Lawnboy better because of its lighter weight and variable speed drive.

The Lawnboy's gearbox just bit the dust. So, I bought a FWD Husqvarna with electric start from a local dealer. They had a good price on it, $309, probably because not many people like FWD. I must admit that I like it less after getting used to the rear wheel drive on the JD and Lawnboy. The Husqvarna has variable speed drive, just like the Lawnboy. Wish the JD had it.

Have put the Lawnboy in the local Bucksaver for $50. Gotta get the $40 back I spent on a new blade and new drive belt. It runs fine and rolls okay.

Ralph

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #10  
A11 21-INCH WALK-BEHIND MOWERS (SILVER) 12PB,12SB,12PC,14PB,14SB,14SE,14PZ,14SZ,14SC,14SX (SN 010001-)

SERIAL NUMBERS FOR THIS PRODUCT APPEAR AS FOLLOWS:
EXAMPLE: GX12PBX010001

GX- FACTORY DESIGNATION
1- SIZE OF MOWER 1 = 21-INCH MOWER
2- TYPE OF ENGINE 2 = 2-CYCLE ENGINE 4 = 4-CYCLE ENGINE
P- TYPE OF PROPULSION S = SELF-PROPELLED MOWER P = PUSH MOWER
B- METHOD OF STARTING Z = ZONE START B = BLADE BRAKE CLUTCH (BBC) E = ELECTRIC START (BBC) C = COMMERCIAL (ZONE START) (BBC)